Converting to 7mgte electronics

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
I couldn't find a 7mge harness to save my life. Since I had ALL the turbo parts for a 7mgte swap, I figured why not. Myself and others have been curious about how the 7mge would perform on turbo electroincs.

p648093_1.jpg

I put the turbo injectors in, since it will get turbo at some point.

p648093_2.jpg

p648093_3.jpg

p648093_4.jpg

p648093_5.jpg

p648093_6.jpg

I paid about $200 for all the 7mgte electronics, turbo and turbo manifold. For now I will be running an SAFC, 2.5" header back, the intake pipe, and advanced timing with 91 gas. We will see how it performs. I'll log the wideband when it's all done to see how the AFs are.

rumptis

나는 제프가 당신을 사랑
Aug 16, 2005
North Vernon, IN
I have always wondered how my 7mgte would run if I took the turbo off and ran a 7mge ext manifold.

I would only want to do this if I had to though :)

I'm interested in how this thing runs, should be interesting.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
rumptis said:
I have always wondered how my 7mgte would run if I took the turbo off and ran a 7mge ext manifold.

Wicked fast, like a mid '80 Honda!

Lower compression ration, mild timing advance curve, no ACIS, AND no boost.... ick.

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
It is going to read air input and inject accordingly. It is only going to read a small amount of airflow vs turbo. So, it SHOULD act just like a turbo car would pre-boost. The main question is what is the ECU going to think at say 5800 RPM with such a low air flow reading. Will it have proper mapping or just do a full rich dump and cause soggy performance.

However, we are all guessing at this point. We will find out soon and put the rumors to rest hopefully.

Like I said, I have an SAFC II to pull back as needed. I was going to try it with 7mge injectors, but I figured I should just save time and do it now.

So when it is ready, all I have to do is add the turbo and ic parts for the rest of the fun.

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
Damn, wish I'd known you were looking for a harness, I have one in my parts car. It's missing the tps connector, but everything else is there. Have injectors, ecu, and dist. too... Drop me a pm if you want anything, and maybe we can work something out.

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
It's up and running!

Found some 7mgte plug wires and got everything plugged in.

It cranked right up and revs nicely.

I went for a test drive and it pulls like it should.

It is not driving horrible or "pig rich" as most had thought. It feels like a typical turbo pre-boost.

No wideband yet, so no real results. But it works great so far. Next step is set timing and install the SAFC so I can see what the max reading is, compared to say a 2JZGE.