Compound 7M, first and only?

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
Wow Seth, how have I not seen this thread until now! Definitely subscribing, and looking forward to a vid of this setup :)

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
That's just crazy Seth! If all that welding is yours, you've come a long way sir! Looks like it's gonna' be a blast to drive! Only thing that is missing, is a 1 or 2JZ, DOH!!! JK!
Make sure to post up all the start-up and dyno vids.

P.S. Are those TSW Thruxton's??? lol!

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Yea definitely tight fitting. I will remake it at a later time because I think I bent it around more then it really needed to. Although it is 3.5" so it will flow plenty!

Thanks guys!
Seth

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Hey Tom!!
Yea that is all my work, you know I don't let anyone else touch my stuff!

Yea those are those world famous lead filled TSW's but they do look good!

Seth

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
Nice work Seth!!! Looks like something I would try!!. I know how tight those MK3 engine bays are after making custom twin turbo kits.

Are you gonna have it done for the PacNW Nationals in a few weeks? I would love to see it in action in person!! Maybe you can edge out Duane in the 7M HP Dyno comp ;)

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Damn! I cannot wait to see this build in person! You are going to have to bring it down for Applesauce and the rest of us outside of Richmond to see!

GREAT WORK!

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Nice work. Your welding has come a long way. Props. ;)

becauseican;1581347 said:
Are you gonna have it done for the PacNW Nationals in a few weeks? I would love to see it in action in person!! Maybe you can edge out Duane in the 7M HP Dyno comp ;)

Lets not get ahead of ourselves now.

Duane

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Nice work! Can't believe I haven't seen this until now. Nice work I really like that bumper support. What that weigh compared to the original?

a_sesshoumaru

Suprita
Jan 7, 2007
El Salvador
you win me to it, i have been collecting parts for a few months now, i have a T70 A/R 81, for big turbo, a xs power t3/t4 turbo .63 A/R for small turbo and 2 60MM wastegates, i had 850cc injectors but got the timming to advanced with them so i am putting 680cc this time with my Map Ecu. I am doing a rebuild this month on my engine, hopfully i will start the compound next month too. Good Luck and wish me luck too.

Edit. Is it me not reading the whole thread or you haven`t routed the small turbo wastegate to the big one yet?

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
Hey seth hows the supra coming along? Have you set up a date for dyno tuning? Outstanding work of art Seth ....

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Thanks guys! Well not so good news. The motor went boom. No idea what went wrong, maybe plugged injector. Was just doing some intial driving around and setting up the boost controllers. Never even got to boost over 12psi. But the thing spools wicked fast! Anyways time for forged internals, so if anyone has a line on good internals at a discount let me know!

So stay tuned and hope for have it all back together in a month or two.

Sorry for the disappointment,
Seth

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
sethron71;1587382 said:
Thanks guys! Well not so good news. The motor went boom. No idea what went wrong, maybe plugged injector. Was just doing some intial driving around and setting up the boost controllers. Never even got to boost over 12psi. But the thing spools wicked fast! Anyways time for forged internals, so if anyone has a line on good internals at a discount let me know!

So stay tuned and hope for have it all back together in a month or two.

Sorry for the disappointment,
Seth

Aww, that's too bad. I was hoping for some videos ;). What happened? Did you destroy a piston?

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Just now saw this and all I can say is "It's about time someone did this to a 7M!!!" :)

Really nice work Seth!

EDIT: And NO.....I'm not commenting on the destruction. ;)

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
What EMS are you running? Maybe too much boost and airflow too early can cause detonation. I set up my meth injection to start spraying at 5psi to minimize this risk on my SAFC and stock ECU, since my turbo setup hits 10psi by 2900rpm.