Components that fit the 6.5 brackets

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
Let's hear it. I have the 6.5" brackets and door panels, but no speakers that fit.

Those that have the 6.5" brackets with aftermarket speakers, what do you have and was it a direct fit or did it require modding the bracket?

List 'em up!

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
I have sone 6.5 infinity reference speakers in my Supra and I love the sound they produce and they bolt right up here are the pic of the speakers I have(soon to be for sale because I have two sets of these speakers).

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
annoyingrob;1091654 said:
CDT EF61-FG. Required a bunch of the back cut out of the brackets for depth. For the effort, I probaly would have preferred to make my own.

Supra&

I have the HD-62's. Would like to use them, but not sure that I want to hack up the $100 brackets or just make some new ones or get different comps.

I had them in my Camry before, and they are badass. I was thinking about trying the CL-E6CF or CL-E6NEO for fit.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
i had a set of infinity referance 6.5 two way that bolted in.now i have infinity kappa component set up there.they required a little trimming in the back for the magnent.the tweeter's gave me the most trouble,because there kinda big.i didn't want to cut up my shadow grey door panel's for them.if i had to do it over again,infinity referance component would go up front instead of the kappa.they work better with deck power and tweeter's are nicer for mounting.
OT:i do have a 5 1/4 infinity referance component set up bolted in the back.they do require very little grinding to fit the basket of the woofer.it was worth the effort though because they sound good in the factory encloser's.

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
when i bought my supra it had some cheap MB Quart comps in it... There are a number of speakers that will fit... Kicker just came out with a new set of speakers that are a 6" diameter, and not the typical 6.5"... those will surely fit...

kicknsupra

May 22, 2008
PG BC
i made my own brackets but i am sure these will fit
they are hertz space very nice clear sound
Description:
"Hertz has solved one of the biggest problems in car audio: how to get effective bass in cars whose slim doors can't accommodate the depth of a traditional woofer chassis. Thanks to its exceptionally strong, multiple-neodymium magnet, and a highly innovative design, the aptly-named Space both keeps an ultra-low-profile and delivers astonishingly clean, powerful low frequencies. The k6l is a superb all-round two-way system, comprising a flat woofer cone, a one-inch Tetolon fibre dome tweeter and an optimised passive crossover"

p1100900_1.jpg

p1100900_2.jpg