cold remedies, got one?

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Does anyone have anything that they use to kick a cold quickly? I need something to get me feeling better by Fri. 4way spray works great for nasal congestion, but I need something for the runny nose, stuffy head, and the overall crappy feeling. It's more of a head cold than anything.

Dayquil/Nyquil doesn't work. Sudafed doesn't work either. :puke:

I've heard Airborne works well, but I've never tried it.

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
Chicken Noodle soup with a ton of garlic!!!

Also some chamomile or peppermint tea... hot bath, like really hot, best with some sort of herb mixture (I dunno what it is called but I remember stuff you could put in the water and it would help nasal congestion and stuff) and then after the bath, wrap yourself up real good and go to bed and sweat. You might feel really shitty at first but its worth it.

I've managed to get rid of a couple of colds like this within a short time. I don't have much experience with medicine cos I like to get rid of colds the 'natural way'.

subjug4tor

Man up, Nancy.
May 8, 2008
DFW, texas
Whenever I have a head cold, or any kind of really bad congestion, I just grab some chips and really hot salsa, like, the more painfully hot the better. Burns your mouth, but your sinuses and nose totally clear up for a while, and being able to breathe 100% is well worth the spiciness.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
I swear on this stuff..

boil some water, a tad bit of sugar, some lemon...and a shot of Jack Daniels. Green label works best. Or substitute the jack for another strong whiskey.

Have 2 of those, hell one will have you drained out and feeling awesome in no time.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
D34DC311;1144867 said:
boil some water, a tad bit of sugar, some lemon...and a shot of Jack Daniels.

That worked great, but, what was I supposed to to with the water, sugar, and lemon?:confused:

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Rub yourself with a pig's testicle and pray to your god...

if that doesn't work, help your immune system by getting lots of rest and make sure you eat alot of protein...

stay warm, and remember airborne had to pay out millions because their products don't do shit..

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
RazoE;1144882 said:
remember airborne had to pay out millions because their products don't do shit..

Really, I didn't know that. I'll look into it. I have a friend that swears by it. I don't get sick that often, so I've never really had the opportunity to try it. Thanks for saving me $.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Dunckel;1144878 said:
That worked great, but, what was I supposed to to with the water, sugar, and lemon?:confused:

LOl, basically hot lemonaid with a shot of whiskey...:biglaugh:

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Sweat it out of you. Wear a jacket, sweat pants, and thick socks and go running. Then at night, put some heavy clothes on and go to bed with all of it on.

Works pretty well. Just a little messy at night.

When I get sick, I just end up drinking a ridiculous amount of orange juice and it's usually gone within a day or two. Probably just in my head tho.

Entropy

No Supra... For now ;)
Apr 10, 2007
Lacey, WA
Green Tea, all the oranges/citrusfruit you can eat, and airborne every 3 hrs or so to keep the symptoms down.... Usually kills my cold in about 2 days.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and lots of sleep, if possible.

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
I thought that airborne was just a vitamin :shrug:

on beer, i never had to get drunk. i start feeling better after only 2-3 beers. When I say that my alky is for 'medicinal purposes', i'm perfectly serious. Jack Daniels is a good remedy too (but DON'T drink it cold, drink it hot). I'd leave a bottle behind the seat of my truck (the truck is more for farm use than anything; if i drink, i don't drive on public roads, but the farm is fair game)(driving through fields and mudholes and woods and shit while drunk is some good times)

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Yup, I did a little research. Airborne settled for 23 million for false advertising. It's just a vitamin.

I don't drink, so I'm gonna have to find another remedy. Is there anything over the counter that works well?

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
theraflu made me feel a lot better

i also eat really spicy food too it helps i think..