Coilovers Suggestions

Emilian

Sep 1, 2010
Farmington Hills, MI
I'm looking for a slammed look.

The current coilovers that I'm looking at, are the Stance and Tein SS.

I know the ride height for the Tein SS range from 1.1~2.9 (front) & 0.5~2.4 (rear). I can't find any ride height specs for the Stance GR coilovers.

Any help and suggestion would be appreciated! :icon_bigg

AquaX

Sep 5, 2011
Cambridge
TEIN IS OVERPRICED! get HSD or stance(i think they're made by same manufacture as hsd just slightly stiffer rates)

I have the hsd HR and they doo look sexy but my motor isn't installed yet so I can't tell you how they drive. overall its super quality and I got them for $1300 cad shipped

AquaX

Sep 5, 2011
Cambridge
RPSil13;1782308 said:
you cant get that slammed look from any coilover w/out drooping the spring, which is not recommended.

Proof? hsds will go low.... I will prove to you that they can slam the shit out of my mk3 very soon :p

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
I have Tien SS coilovers. At about 1/2 of the threaded body stock wheels have no gap. The springs are too stiff in my opinion. I would prefer soft spring and stiff sways if i could do it all over again.

RPSil13

Nov 30, 2006
Anaheim, CA
AquaX;1782453 said:
Proof? hsds will go low.... I will prove to you that they can slam the shit out of my mk3 very soon :p

should have been more specific, most coilovers can sit the front on the floor but not the rear, so the car looks really awkward and has a lot of rake

i have had tein and megan coilovers, intrax springs, and now stance coilovers and lowering the rear all the way still leaves gap, i had to droop the spring to get rid of the gap in the rear

ill try to find some pics or just take some tomorrow

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I have the Tien SS coilovers. They are great when adjusted properly and the rest of your suspension is in working order. Keep in mind this is coming from a guy who lives in NY and our roads are the the four lane smooth highways you guys have out West. I am sure the Tien SS coilovers will make you very happy.

Mynes_3

Sep 8, 2009
cencal
Thats what i hate about supra coilovers. Frontgoes slammed while back is gap. Making the car tiltig forward. Such a weird look for me. Darn.

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
IBoughtASupra;1782542 said:
I have the Tien SS coilovers. They are great when adjusted properly and the rest of your suspension is in working order. Keep in mind this is coming from a guy who lives in NY and our roads are the the four lane smooth highways you guys have out West. I am sure the Tien SS coilovers will make you very happy.

It has to be your roads. I have a new rack, ball joints, tie rods, bushings, etc. At low speed they don't absorb ANYTHING. The spring rates are 16/9 kg, thats more than tripple than stock. The springs are also linear. Idk how the hell the call these "super streets". I want to drive on a similar setup to see if maybe mine are not screwed.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
mecevans;1782558 said:
It has to be your roads. I have a new rack, ball joints, tie rods, bushings, etc. At low speed they don't absorb ANYTHING. The spring rates are 16/9 kg, thats more than tripple than stock. The springs are also linear. Idk how the hell the call these "super streets". I want to drive on a similar setup to see if maybe mine are not screwed.

Are you saying that YOUR setup rides rough? I find that hard to believe as NY has some bad roads and these coils handle very well. I did spend time adjusting the dampening on the front and rear and I bought my coils new.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Just as another +1, what has been said about the rears is 100% correct.. I'm actually having my Kei Office rebuilt with shorter shock bodies in order to get the rear lower.

I've been running no pre-load since first installing them, and I must say that the ride quality and handling is the worst.

gr33kdrifter

Dec 3, 2011
chicago
i recommend the new dgr suspention company. look at the street coilovers they are 1k and have lifetime warrenty i just ordered them for my supra