Coil Pack Relocation??????

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Ok, My car gave me a half ton of issues lately and thru the course of it I broke off three of the four studs that hold the coil pack onto the engine. My question is, has anyone? does anyone know how to? and are there kits for it out there? to relocate the coil pack to the firewall or fender or somewhere, not just to clean it up but to make it work without trying to repair this damage.

Any ideas I am open to, mounting it isn't hard but getting 8 foot plug wires is a bit harder to do, LMAO anyways any help is appreciated guys, my new MAF should be here monday or so, mine is bad so it idles all shitty and wants to die and pumps black smoke pretty nicely too.

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
Wills7MGTE said:
Ok, My car gave me a half ton of issues lately and thru the course of it I broke off three of the four studs that hold the coil pack onto the engine. My question is, has anyone? does anyone know how to? and are there kits for it out there? to relocate the coil pack to the firewall or fender or somewhere, not just to clean it up but to make it work without trying to repair this damage.

Any ideas I am open to, mounting it isn't hard but getting 8 foot plug wires is a bit harder to do, LMAO anyways any help is appreciated guys, my new MAF should be here monday or so, mine is bad so it idles all shitty and wants to die and pumps black smoke pretty nicely too.

I have see pics of people who have mounted it on the bulkhead behind the number 6 cylinder, all they do is reverse the plug wires.

I'm pretty sure this is what Bondango has done

blackout_89t

King of the roll
Apr 25, 2005
Toronto
I don't understand how you break the studs...

If you want to relocate the coil pack to the rear of the engine just reverse the length of the wires so #1 is the longest and #6 is the shortest.

Just remember that the coil pack is grounded through its body so consider that when trying to mount it on the back and if you don't relocate it replace the studs as you need them to ground it sufficiently.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
The bolts were brittle and my dumbass friend helping me started to put them on before I got back down to the garage and bam he broke off two to the point you can't even jerry rig the shit back on.

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
mark3monster said:
You should really see Mr. Tun X's coil setup. Im a big fan :love: . If I go AEM I'm contacting him.
thank for the compliment..

Jason

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
I appreciate the custom work and ideas, but I want to keep my OEM coil pack, and I don't wanna spend a shit ton of money to move the coil pack, or switch over or anything, I'm not gonna do any major work, if I even keep the car I'm going JZ, the 7M is a pain in the ass lil engine, good but a lot of components are poorly designed or poorly placed in the engine bay and I am tired of dicking with it.

If anyone has any photos of how they relocated thier OEM coil pack then please post them, the IS and 1jz setups are cool but spending money and time like that for something that doesnt do anything but asthetically please the engine bay is a waste on a car that will stay BPU until I swap it or sell it.

I don't wanna sell it so I'll prolly swap it or just leave it alone and running until I can get a JZ swapped 5 Speed MK3, or an MK4.

catback

Mar 30, 2005
bitterville
here's mine with custom MSD wires.
p812353_1.jpg

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Thanks for the pics guy's, aarons kit looks like more trouble than it's worth in how it's mounted, I like Chri's moutning location, did you get the coil pack to clip to the harness without stretching or otherwise modding it?

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
You will have to extend the harness to make it work in the new location. I fabbed up a bracket to mount on the firewall lip for mine.

555366_45_full.jpg