Coil over question

Anti Lagged

Feb 8, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Well, my shock are long blown and I'm finally getting ready to buy coil overs for my 89 Supra turbo and I have a few questions.

First question: I've seen them offered for sale and yet have seen a review for MKIII Supra's for the BC BR coil overs amd wondering how good they are on the MKIII ( They're pretty good for Subies)?

And two: Do the BC or the Megan track series come with camber plates or are they an extra option?

Thanks guys

Anti Lagged

Feb 8, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
And I ran across another question, how is the 18/14 spring rates on the megan's? And what is on the BC's exactly, I can't seem to find the spring rates for them on the website.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
Anti Lagged;1747064 said:
And I ran across another question, how is the 18/14 spring rates on the megan's? And what is on the BC's exactly, I can't seem to find the spring rates for them on the website.

heard bc's are china bs just throwing that out there don't know if its true

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
The Megans are rather stiff for a daily, and not a whole ton of travel either. I'm not disappointed by them, I just think they'd be much better suited for an area with smooth roads, like Phoenix, where I bought the car. They were great there... but we have a lot of bumps here. :(

I'd personally prefer a bit more flexibility in my suspension, at least for my situation. Might have to look into that on the next setup...

Anti Lagged

Feb 8, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
A lot of the Subie guys are having a great combo setup with the BC coilovers on the track and wondered if anyone has had success with them on a MKIII. 18/14 looked kinda stiff and Norfolk, VA is not known for it's smooth roads, but it seems like the Megan EZ series didn't offer more advantage than getting Koni shocks and a nice set of springs. I personally don't having a stiff ride, but convincing the wife on the other hand might be a different story. OH well, she has her 2011 WRX she can drive:naughty:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
bc megan and stance are all made in the same factory.

If i was going to buy some different coils id buy the hsd ones. Good spring rates and design as far as the cheaper coils are. If not those id buy some custom made ones or some kw or something but those arent cheap.

Kai has the hsd coils and says he loves them.

Anti Lagged

Feb 8, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Update: I ended up buying the Megan Track series and I must say I'm very impressed so far with the drivability, fit, and performance I've gotten out of them. Once I finish fixing everything else and can take the car to the track, I will post up some more about them

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
the"camber" plates can get you some shock clearance at the cost of leaning the shock reducing the installed spring rate