Code 34 Help

yardarm1

Perfectionist
Dec 31, 2006
Teignmouth
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I keep getting code 34 AFM, Abnormal Turbo Pressure, Intercooler flash up when I am racing the engine and hitting 10 PSI. I have checked the AFM, to me it seems fine, clean no oil, I have taken the electronics part of the AFM off and cleaned the housing and the black peg that sticks out from the electronics housing with a clean rag, the small mirror is clean. I have taken off my stainless intercooler pipework and checked all hoses and couplers for splits, all are fine.

My question is could the intercooler be shot? I assume its made much like a typical radiator, would this be likley to maybe have a small pinhole leak in it? This problem only shows up under high acceleration and boost levels. The wategate is not shimmed and there are no other mods, save induction kit and exhaust. this is driving me nuts. It has only started happening in the last few days.

Any guidance or places to check would be gratefully appreciated.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Typically you will hit fuel cut (code 34) at ~12 psi on a stock AFM...you're pretty close to that, but may have a small leak. It could be your IC has a leak. Also check your BOV, the TB coupling to the 3000 pipe, and gaskets on the upper intake manifold. Two gaskets...between upper/lower manifold and lower manifold to head.

Also check the brake booster fitting (top of intake manifold) and down stream check valve. There's a large vac line fitting at the forward area of the intake manifold. There's a check valve under the ISCV as well.

yardarm1

Perfectionist
Dec 31, 2006
Teignmouth
Finally sorted the problem, there was a split in the vac line coming from the injector rail side that feeds the BOV vac line. Thanks for the advice.

suprflyusmc1

Dec 13, 2006
Ramona
yardarm1 said:
Finally sorted the problem, there was a split in the vac line coming from the injector rail side that feeds the BOV vac line. Thanks for the advice.
Hot damn another supramania member saved by the members.

yardarm1

Perfectionist
Dec 31, 2006
Teignmouth
Guess what, I still ahve this problem, I have changed every vac line on the engine, both upper and lower intake manifold gaskets, throttle body gasket, happens as I hit 10psi at about 120mph, between auto box change from third to fourth, I can't see it being fuel cut, last three things it can be are AFM, intercooler holed or finally my BOv. I am using a bailey DV26 dual piston could this be the culprit, I ahave heard something about the springs not being man enough? Any body any ideas?

By the way waste gate is not shimmed only mods are N/A cams, induction kit, slightly bigger bore stainless intercooler piping and a Mongooose system from the elbow back.

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
yardarm1 said:
Guess what, I still ahve this problem, I have changed every vac line on the engine, both upper and lower intake manifold gaskets, throttle body gasket, happens as I hit 10psi at about 120mph, between auto box change from third to fourth, I can't see it being fuel cut, last three things it can be are AFM, intercooler holed or finally my BOv. I am using a bailey DV26 dual piston could this be the culprit, I ahave heard something about the springs not being man enough? Any body any ideas?

By the way waste gate is not shimmed only mods are N/A cams, induction kit, slightly bigger bore stainless intercooler piping and a Mongooose system from the elbow back.

Well, since you say it does it at 120mph, STOP GOING 120MPH!!:3d_frown: