Code 32...

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
So yeah code 52 as i suspected doesn't mean you have rod knock Shaeff was kind enough to explain to me that it's just a short in the wiring or problem with the ecu or sensors

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
Hmmm. Except I hear a sort of rattling when I mash the gas down really hard. It is around 3500rpm or so. So ya, something internally. A ring or bearing. The only way to fix that is pull the whole engine right? Unless it is still just wiring causeing the ecu to change timing and cause pinging. At least I'm driving it around now. Still kinda worried. Still got the check engine light and code 52.

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
Well after hooking up my boost gauge and watching it when I drive I figured out a bit better what is going on. I think I have a leak. The intake gasket on the EGR. I need to tighten that one bolt. Because I can tell my turbo is working overtime. My boost gauge starts to read at about 14-15psi and I can get it up close to 35psi. Definetly cannot be losing metered air so as soon as my engine cools down I'm gonna tighten that up.