code 22 (water Temp sensor)

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Hey guys! I am getting a code 22.... which is the water temp signal to the ECU. This is causing my car to run like crap as it keeps idling up and down because the ECU is not getting a reading from that Temp sensor. Also it causes radical AFRs when i cruise as i can go from 15.6 to 10 at a blink of an eye. Now i replaced the plug as the old one was broken and cleared the codes. I turn the car back on and the car still runs like crap and with a bit of driving i get the damn code again. The resistance of the sensor seems to be within spec so no I am out of ideas! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
If the sensor is good it must be the wiring. And fwiw a fault in that circuit should only effect starting and warm up. Once the engine is hot it should run fine unless the sensor is shifted but you say it's OK. Might want to unplug it after the engine is hot to make sure. If the problem persists you have other issues...

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
^ my thoughts too. When i broke the clip off mine i noticed very little in the way it drove (Only warm up conditions)