Code 14 ?

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
Yeah i know...........everybody says search first and ask questions later. Well , i searched and all i found is a code 14 for turbo models. This is really stumping me. I've had a miss in the engine for the last 3 months and i finally got it straightened out. New plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Still got the code 14. Readjusted the TPS and cleared out that code (41) and i figured i would change out the Qxygen sensor soon since i got a code 21 too. The only thing i need to get rid of is the damn 14. Where do i start ?!?! What steps do i need to take to figure this thing out?

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
I read the posts for the code and they all say the same thing. Ignitor or coil.......well i have a new coil and the ignitor ive swapped out for another and cleared the codes. I still have it. How do i check the wires comming from the ignitor and coil ? Ohms ?

Last edited:

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
I've checked it running, off and with ign. on-engine not running. I cant get any kind of continuity from the ignitor (iGf wire) to wiring harness.....think maybe thats my problem ?

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Well, if you had no continuity at all the engine wouldn't run so you must be doing something wrong. Also, that you're measuring continuity with the circuit energized (unless you're voltage tracing) tells me you might need a lesson in meter usage ;).

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
I checked continuity between ecu and ignitor. meter says ok.

since i last posted, i cleared codes and drove to the bank, grocery store and back (12 miles). No codes. I also went to a friends house about 20 miles away to help work on his civic and back an hr ago......no codes. So wtf could it be?

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
You said you didn't have any continuity. Now you do? Which is it? I told you, it's a slight bad connection. If you cycled the connectors while doing your measurements you probably fixed it. Be happy until it happens again.