code 14 with maft-pro timing control...

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Hey all! So i wired in the timing control on my 91 Supra....here is the diagram that I used...http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/...on=view&current=supratimingcontroldiagram.jpg I turn the key and the car starts, but will not stay idling....I guess I should add that I have not messed with or done any changes to the settings on the maft-pro except for the main scale which is now at -20 due to my 680s.

The directions on the setup are not very clear to me. Also it says to use the WOT Spark and AUX tables to change timing +5 or -10.....what does that mean? I guess what I am looking for is the rpm range vs timing setting beginning at 2000 rpm. I am thinking I just need to input the values so that the ECU can get an IGF signal, I triple checked the wiring and it is exactly how the diagram displays. If someone could help me with the directions on how to setup timing control values into the spark and aux tables, i would appreciate it....

Last edited:

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I got the car running.....but have code 14 (IGF signal to ECU) and 52 (knoc sensor). Knoc sensor i may just have to tighten, but is code 14 a problem only because I cut direct signal to ECU from the ignitor for Maft-pro timing control or is there an actual problem?