code 14 IGF wire

roadboy

Supra Owner
Jan 22, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
hi, i was just wondering if these wires are shielded, im trying to repair my wires, or is this just a regular wire that i can splice together?
Thanks

roadboy

Supra Owner
Jan 22, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
ok, so i tried repairing the wires, and its still showing a code 14? no signal from IGF wire
im soldering the wires, current goes through (iv tried) but its still showing a code 14
it was working couple days ago

long story short, my IGF wire got cut, tried to splice showed code 14
any idea?

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I don't think it's shielded, but it may depend on where you are looking to splice. I removed the black/orange wire from the B1 connector at the dash, and connected them directly (outside of the plastic). Looked to be a regular unshielded wire in that location.

roadboy

Supra Owner
Jan 22, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
at the dash, right at the ecu connectors

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

or is there a way i can bypass this wire or something that i can make it run?

roadboy

Supra Owner
Jan 22, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

i redid them again and again, cutting them each time, made sure theres continuity that flows trough them, but still no signal

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I'd suggest that you disconnect from the ECU and pull the harness into the engine bay. This will give you more room to see what else is going on with the wiring.

So U didn't have the code/issue BEFORE you cut the wire? I'd doublecheck that nothing else was accidentally cut and/or damaged/melted while attempting to solder.

Do you have another ignitor to test with? Could be that once cut, the wire/signal made contact with ground or sumthin' and shorted something out on the ignitor, or even the ECU. Once you pull the harness back and verify the wiring is solid, I would try replacing the ECU and ignitor to rule them out as issues.

roadboy

Supra Owner
Jan 22, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
no spark, because igf was cut, so i had to repair that, it was cut by accident

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

before it got cut, it worked perfectly fine

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Crimp,then fill the crimp with solder and heat shrink. You can't use the common butt connectors in auto parts stores. I buy them online. Maybe Figgie or JJ can tell you where to get good ones retail.