Code 12 - 1JZGTE swap MA70

BoostPsiKPA

Feb 18, 2015
NY
Spray some starting fluid in there and see what happens when you crank. Quickest way to solve a fueling issue.

dirosa

Apr 9, 2011
Toronto
ya, better to not rush it anyways.

I should be able to make it out to Cayuga tomorrow evening, weather permitting.

87supramario

Jul 15, 2011
Niagara falls
BoostPsiKPA;2056172 said:
Spray some starting fluid in there and see what happens when you crank. Quickest way to solve a fueling issue.

Yea we have used gas in a spray bottle and it was chuckling.

Did you make it out there? I seen a few pictures on the FB group. Looked like I missed out, especially on the second day meet in town.

So I have a really good update, I found a burnt wire that runs along the motherboard. It belongs to one of the Cam Positioning Sensors. After checking the signals again (0.00v while turning over) the current is no longer flowing because it is no longer a completed circuit. So I switched it to my Stealth tuned ECU (that has known leaking capacitors) and it is running. It does have a hard time responding to throttle but it is idling just fine and can eventually rev as well. I'm thinking about parting this ECU and take the good capacitors from the burnt motherboard and swapping out the leaking ones from the Stealth ECU and be done with it.

At some point after swapping my Camshafts back were they should have been, something happen and what might have happen was that I was playing with a 12v wire, sending voltage through the engine harness to double check the extension job on the igniter components and that wire must have physically made contact with one of the CPS plugs burning the motherboard, while the engine was shaking the bay.

While using the known bad Stealth ECU, I took the lip off to make sure that whatever happened doesn't happen to this one and every thing seems fine. I'll be adding coolent and completing the intercooler plumbing (just needs 2 couplers) soon and I'll see how it will respond with added boost.

dirosa

Apr 9, 2011
Toronto
great to hear you got it running.

with regards to the capacitors, if you're going to replace them, don't use old ones. most electronic shops in china town should carry them, if not online sites sell them too.

I made it out but had a small fire which killed the night. limped it home and am waiting for the dollar to make a come back so i can order replacement rad fan motors.