code 11?

SRZMK3

the car sputters badly and doesnt respond to the throttle, then as soon as i jumper the fuel pump in the diagnostic block the car picks up and responds to throttle but still wont idle..
hmm i will check those grounds on the intake manifold

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Yes, for two reasons. The ECU cannot run properly without constant power. Also, code 11 will mask any other codes, and there are quite a few higher codes that could cause the problems you mention. You need to fix the code 11 before the rest of the codes are visible.

Next up, you need to check that you have constant power at the ECU, and possibly check the continuity of your power and ground wires through the wiring harness.

SRZMK3

i took off the intake manifold and sanded the grounding point to bare metal did the same to the ground eyelets i sanded them down to fresh metal and then gave it a direct ground to the battery, didnt make a difference i still get code 11... do you think i have a bad ecu maybe?

SRZMK3

the wires going to the main relay are working properly, and so is all of the connections to the ecu, i did the connection check list and there is no reason i should be getting a code 11 in the first place,i temporarily traded ecu with my friend and it makes no difference... anyone from the Tacoma Washington area want to help>?

SRZMK3

thanks for all the help people, i got a fuel pressure tester and tested pressure a the rail turns out i only had 10 psi in the rail, the FPR bent when i put the intake manifold back on the head and the FPR piston wasnt able to seal anymore so the fuel just escaped out the other side, i put my spare fpr on the rail i had from my last engine swap and there we go the car starts runs and drives like a champ!!!

the code 11 went away after i redid the ground to the battery XD, its always the simple things that can wreck the big things....