Clutch stuck on floor

jake8790

Life's too short for N/A
Dec 18, 2011
Oregon
I just finished a full engine rebuild in my Supra (which runs great) but I can't drive the car because the clutch pedal is now about an inch off the floor. I bled the slave cylinder many times and no change. Any Ideas?

Eman14j

O help me, Oprah Winfrey!
Nov 7, 2008
Prescott Valley, AZ
I had the same problem and I replaced my slave cylinder. It wasn't leaking either but that fixed it, plus they're cheap. This was about 5 years ago but I'll never forget driving everywhere with flipflops for about a week. I used my monkey toes to pull my clutch back up (like a BOSS!). Now my clutch would stay up once I was driving after pulled it up. If tapped, it would not just drop down but be sucked to the floor. Thats when my monkey toes would then spring into action ;)

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
if its a r154 make sure the rod on the slave is actually pushing on the clutch fork, sometimes when installed it can slip out of place.

jake8790

Life's too short for N/A
Dec 18, 2011
Oregon
The clutch fork and rod are both in the right place. So the clutch pedal now seems normal on the lower half of travel, and it will pop all the way up by itself, but the top half of travel there is nothing to the pedal. The car is drivable and the clutch works fine but the clutch engages right off the floor. I hope it is the slave cylinder.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Depends- Jake- What did you do with your clutch setup?
Did you change it out or machine the flywheel? If not, I'd say you can try adjusting it, but it may very well
be the slave cylinder as already mentioned. For me, it was the master. I also would suggest looking at the fluid. If
it's dark/ dirty, drain it all out and put new fluid in. That sometimes is all you need.

Maple191

Mar 21, 2012
Toronto
I had the same problem last year. Everytime I released the clutch it would come up on its own untill the free play point. At which I would put my foot under and pull it back up. It hasnt done it this year, but mind you I replaced my slave cause it was gone and I resecured the CMC to the firewall. (one of the studs fell out and the other was backing off.)

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
Same issue I had, check clutch fork under dash. I replaced the master cylinder, bled the lines and adjusted the fork it now sits in line with the other two pedals and is very, very smooth

suprayo

Sep 9, 2009
Vancouver, WA
www.myspace.com
It's the slave mine did the same thing after my motor swap wasn't leaking clean fluid clutch fork is right then it's the slave. Be careful if your looking for a 91. Every parts store in town listed the w58 slave for the 91 turbo asked for a 89 and they finally ordered the r154 slave.