Clutch question

harojake

JDizzle
Jun 21, 2010
Butuckey MIchigan
So I have a 89 turbo with new r154 fidanza flywheel exedy clutch master cylinder and lines. All new about 5 months ago. The slave went out over the winter (storage) and I put a new factory slave one and bleed it about 20 times. I can see it moving the clutch in and out but still won't let me go in gear. Any suggestions on what to do next or if I've done something wrong. Please help I need my car for work thanks

Maple191

Mar 21, 2012
Toronto
Is it actually releasing the clutch all the way. Also is the clutch master tight to the fire wall. I ask this casue i just replaced my slave 3 weeks ago and found when I went to bleed the system that the master was missing a bolt and the other was loose allowing the master to move away from the firewall. which inturned alowed in air and also reduced the maximum travle of the clutch peddle. Also can you shift into gears when its off?

harojake

JDizzle
Jun 21, 2010
Butuckey MIchigan
I can start it and it seems normal but wont go in gear and grinds when I try to put it in reverse. I can start it in gear and it jumps an I can take it down the road but not shift into any other gear. The master is tight and so ate the lines. And yes I can shit it into all gears with it off

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Clutch isn't releasing. You either have air in the system, a bad master/slave, a leak, or your pedal freeplay needs to be adjusted. Check it over make sure there is no leaks at all, bleed it again, and if still the same, adjust the pedal.

harojake

JDizzle
Jun 21, 2010
Butuckey MIchigan
Everything was working great before the storage. When I went to get it out the peel didn't want to go down then it did and didn't come up. I took the slave off and it was froze up and the boot was ripped and looked like it had been for a while. Just put a new slave on yesterday. Bleed it about six times. Going to check the pedal in the morning

Maple191

Mar 21, 2012
Toronto
bleeding the clutch takes a while. Took me about 30 mins of pump and hold with someone in the car. Also make shure you keep topping up your Master as it doesnt take much bleeding for it to go empty again... then youll have to start over again. (happened to me *facepalm*) But what you described sounds 100% what I had, sounds like a lot of air is in the system.