Clutch or slave cylinder

dylan

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2006
quebec
I went for a tour this morning and blew a heater hose the hard one to replace under the power steering pump after fixing it I continued on and my supra started to shift hard by thr time I got it home I had to shut off the car to get it gear the clutch pedal is on the floor it made a few swishing sounds and thats it....My question is this the clutch pressure plate or a slave cylinder screwing up ....Thanks for looking Barry

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
First check your floorboard under your clutch pedal to see if it is wet from a leaky clutch master cylinder. From the brief problem description, I'd guess it's either the master or slave cylinder. You should change them both at the same time, or be ready to repeat the problem soon.

dylan

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2006
quebec
Well thought I would try bleeding the slave fun job alone no not by myself just what is the point when they have to watch die hard for the 22 time ...I bled it and it works somewhat but it is engaging a bit so try a better bleed when I take her over to Blaast Performance tomorrow ....Barry

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
changing the slave is cake work....changing the master is a real pitass!!!!

do the work yourself cause its not hard but its just a pain.....probably take you atleast an hour or two but thats cause its hard to reach up under the dash...why pay someone to do it?

a2motorsports has everything you need for a good price.....and driftmotion has the braided stainless clutch hoses which just look cool!

dylan

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2006
quebec
I have not found a leak so am going to try replacing the slave cylinder and hope that solves the problem..Thanks Barry