clutch issue

J.Kroll

Nooblet
Dec 30, 2008
Clarksville, Tennessee
Okay so my clutch pedal sinks to the floor and does not come back out like it is supposed to. I have had it bled TWICE, all the air got out. Pedal felt nice and stiff after both bleedings but a day later it started to sink to the floor again and eventually I couldn't even shift. Has a brand new slave cylinder. Could this be something with the clutch master cylinder?

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
with all due respect this is very basic stuff...

Either the master is shot, the slave piston is over traveling and letting air in, the line is leaking....start looking for fluid leaks in the bell houseing and on the firewall inside the car...

Apr 10, 2008
South East USA
Did the same thing - bled it real good and felt great. Next day 1/2 way down before it even wanted to start disengaging it.

Mine was leaking at the clutch master cylinder (top part) and I expected leaking fluid on the engine side of the firewall but it came in way way back there and the carpet padding was absorbing it.

Got a dealer one cause I lost faith in the rebuilt autozone stuff and didn't want to visit this problem again in a year.

Search the threads for more on how to replace it etc. Can't remember if it was the brake master or the clutch master that was the worst.

steveyblack

Jun 21, 2007
Nj
when you replace one part of your hydrolic clutch system, you should replace the rest.. you are putting new/greater force on your older parts when you put a new part in