Clutch Grabbing near very bottom

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Well, my brothers 1jz car recently started to do this. He stopped driving his and is driving my car for the time being, but heres the problem.
His clutch grabs waay too low. It is near bottoming out where it grabs. I saw that he was low on fluid, i filled it out and attempted to bleed it, but to no avail. It seems that its some other problem. His slave is a year old from yota, and i am thinking it might be the master cyl. Can anyone else point me in some idea? It still does grab, but too low.

Jaychen

Jun 29, 2008
Brisbane
I had the exact problem, turned out my master cylinder was stuffed, was leaking inside the car above the clutch pedal and also in my engine bay. I had mine re-conditioned and a stainless steel sleeve inserted and has been working great sine.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
IJ.;1162875 said:
Feel the carpet if it's damp under the pedal it's the Master.

Problem is, this particular car is winter driven, so there is a wet floor already. I put a lamp on it today to try to help it dry, but it wasn't, gonna check tomorrow to see if the fluid goes anywhere with a full reservoir.

green

Dec 17, 2007
Toronto
as everyone already said check the carpet or right by the dead pedal. mine is currently on its way out and is leaking inside the car right where the dead pedal is and i looked by the clutch and it is leaking not alot little drops but i can feel the pedal getting softer. so check the pedal and carpet. best of luck

InvisibleMonkey

2JZ NO SPIT!
Sep 17, 2005
SNJ
this is the exact problem i'm having, and i also checked my clutch fluid and it was bone dry

can i still drive it like this? i need to get to work today and school the rest of the week

InvisibleMonkey

2JZ NO SPIT!
Sep 17, 2005
SNJ
yeah, i got a rebuild kit...i'm going to fix it tomorrow after class

after reading this thread, i went and checked the area where the cylinder goes and there was fluid all over