clutch actin stupid(slipping i think)

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
ok i have a 7m-gte in my car, this is kinda werid to me so Ill explain, to me the clutch is slipping, it just had a spec clutch, fidenza flywheel with arp bolts put in 10,000 miles ago , ok so heres how it slips, I can lunch hard as hell in first hit redline and spin the tires in second and also hit redline, third is where it starts to get a little werid, the clutch takes about a second to grab but wehn it does it hold to redline, now when I hit foruth and the car starts makin about 7 psi of boost itll jump 1,000rpms pretty quickly then drop back down, and in fifth when boost comes on its slip a lot, my neighbor said it could be just an adjustment or something else, I dont smell any burnt clutch when it starts, let me know cause this suck not being able to haul ass:3d_frown:

O ill tell you guys what stage clutch it is once I can find the papers, and its at stock booost too on the ct-26, so its not makin crazy horsepower, yet:icon_bigg

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
i eat through s tock clutch in 9k.. first noticed it slippin when i went to pass a semi and it spung from 3-6 and i thought i forgot to put it into gear..

slowly went still took a beating for weeks, till i went drifting at pir,and the 3-4 third gear drifts ate it up.

still drive able and still can leave on a hill but can not boost for any thing..

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
gilberjj said:
update...... my car is together. im going to go tune it RIGHT NOW! 18lbs for now. tomorrow ill get some sunoco 110 octane, and turn it up to 28-30 psi.
The problem with the gilberjj's clutch was as soon as the car was done it went out for immediate 18-30psi pulls and drag racing, that's not a proper break in.

Supra-K's issue sounds a lot different. It could be as simple as the freeplay not being adjusted correctly, or it could have a lot more miles on it then it was stated that it does. That's why we told him to bring the car by the shop so we could look at it BEFORE he bought it. :nono: Now you have it bring it by and we'll look at it this weekend.

Last edited:

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
ok this doesnt make sense too me, how can it sit over night and act like i said then the next day drive it, and it slips in every gear and take ages to get up to 60 with easing the throttle on so I dont burn out the cluth if it happens to be an adjustment, any suggestions?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
oil won't get on the clutch face from a leaking main usually..

sounds like my clutch, and I have one an action stage 3 to replace it :D

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
well tonight I found out it had no freeplay what so ever so Im sure that contributted to premature failure, but any ways I dropping the tranny no matter what if oil is in there or not, any recomendations on a clutch, plannng to make 400whp in the near futrue so a clutch that would fit that would be good.

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
thought Id let you guys know my cam covers were super lose and were spewing oil over pretty much everything thats why I thought oil maybe got inside some how but Im just gonna face the cold hard facts that its time for a clutch:3d_frown:

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
Yea free play is good did it last night, I talked to aaron and dave over a driftmotion and they are settin me up with a pretty sweet clutch kit.