[closed]No Spark.

MySupra

importsoftexas.com
Dec 4, 2011
Houston, Texas
importsoftexas.com
[video=youtube;2e29ybgGllw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e29ybgGllw[/video]

Alright so here is the story. We had spark, we directly squirted gas in the gas intake to start the car which it did for about 30 seconds then turned off due to gas being gone.
After that we tried it again and lost spark. But the thing is that the Spark comes and goes away randomly.

My uncle had a theory that it could of been the alarm system but all the wires seem to be cut and sealed.
Ignitor and CPS are the current theories. Any way to be for sure?

EDIT: I tested all of the fuses and all lighted up, here are pics. All in good order?
eigQk.jpg

CusRV.jpg

Last edited:

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
It goes bad because it's located very close to the exhaust manifold and turbo, so it soaks up a lot of heat. It's even more of a problem when people remove the "ugly heat shields" which were put there for purposes like trying to avoid cooking your cps wires ;) Check and see how brittle the wires are around both sides of the connector close to the CPS. Driftmotion sells replacements connectors if you need new ones, just don't forget to pick up pins as well if you need to replace the harness side connector.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
Just giving suggestions on things to check, we can't tell you exactly what the issue from here ;). Check for cracked/broken wires all the way from the CPS itself to the connector, and then from the connector to the point that it meets up with the rest of the loom and is wrapped up and protected.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=IG&P=4

Verify that the igniter is sending out the signal for the coils to spark. Check the wires to the coils themselves along with the ground that SHOULD be connected to the head beside where the coil bolts in. Visually check the coil wires themselves. Pull out a MM and check that the wires to the CPS aren't broken by plugging directly into the cps plug and the correct wire at the ecu. With it being 'random' sounds like a bad ground to me.

raysupra

7m Love
Jan 18, 2010
Mustang, OK
if your still on the Stock harness.. check the coilpack harness make sure its not super old and brittle.. and also if your CPS connector has bare wires and looks like crap too.. you could just have old brittle Wiring harness problems.. sounds like it to me.. if not... bust out a multimeter... go onto cygnusx1.net and test your ignitor/coilpacks/cps that will verify components. Plugs/wires?