CLAY BAR crisperience...

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
i just picked up a Mothers Clay bar kit, and plan od doing that as the first step to trying to restore my paint :) I also have some super fine sand paper and some polishing compounds as well as an electric buffer, i hope it goes well...(worried look)

I was almost entised to purchase the Turtle Wax ICE Liquid Clay Bar that just came out. It is a Synthetic clay like the mothers from what i understand but suspended in a fluid for lubrication and something else as well.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
I just claybarred a civic.

This civic was the toughest car ive ever worked with. Its Dark green, way harder to keep clean than black IMO, and it was covered in water spots, once I washed the inch of shit off of it.

It looks okay, Next time, I'm doing some paint cutting.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
The turtle wax liquid clay bar works good, REALY good (I use it once a month and got 3 compliments on my way to the gas station the 1st time I used it) , but I'm sure the traditional clay bar works even better, I just don't have the patience to use it...:D

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
TaSe said:
wow nice! got any before pictures

YES!!!:naughty:

BEFORE:

p680265_1.jpg

p680265_2.jpg

p680265_3.jpg

AFTER:

p680265_4.jpg

BEFORE:

p680265_5.jpg

AFTER:

p680265_6.jpg

BWAAAAAHHHHHhhhh ha ha ha ha!:biglaugh:

...actually... that's "IN-BETWEEN"! (Lotsa more-uh... "stuff" on the way...:naughty: )

-crisp

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
RazoE said:
The turtle wax liquid clay bar works good, REALY good (I use it once a month and got 3 compliments on my way to the gas station the 1st time I used it) , but I'm sure the traditional clay bar works even better, I just don't have the patience to use it...:D

No patience here either

Did you have any tricks when you were using it, like you made sure it did not dry up when rinsing off the car or what???

againstdawall06

Dec 8, 2005
mo
Iv tried that liquid ice claybar stuff. Just didnt seem to do the job as well as a normal clay bar. Dont think its work the money IMO.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
bobiseverywhere said:
and Beautiful Car Crisp,

Sorry i did not mean to steal your thread

Thank you! No sweat! It's everyone's thread...:biglaugh:

-crisp

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
bobiseverywhere said:
No patience here either

Did you have any tricks when you were using it, like you made sure it did not dry up when rinsing off the car or what???

Not really, just do it semi fast, don't let it dry out in the sun for too long, and immediately follow up with the car polish...

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Im no professional, but I detail newer cars all the time, it's my job. I love using claybar. Sometimes I even use it on new cars, and yes, a lot of them do need it sometimes. Ive used liquid cleaners that contain clay and other things, but nothing ive used compares to the real thing.

I just love the feeling of freshly clayed paint.

mv520

Mar 18, 2007
Midwest
trydrew said:
Im no professional, but I detail newer cars all the time, it's my job. I love using claybar. Sometimes I even use it on new cars, and yes, a lot of them do need it sometimes. Ive used liquid cleaners that contain clay and other things, but nothing ive used compares to the real thing.

I just love the feeling of freshly clayed paint.

write a tutorial. im sure it would get stickied. just a thought

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
mv520 said:
write a tutorial. im sure it would get stickied. just a thought
They way I do it at work is really similar to how Johnathon just explained.
Sorry I don't really have the spunk to do a write-up. Maybe one day I will take pics...