Check out my new ride (seriously!)

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
HellsLegion said:
Is it an automatic or what?

What kind of engine is it?

Automatic? hell no, this is a 4 speed (plus reverse!) non synchronized tranny. double clutchin' FTW!

Not quite sure, but i believe the engine is a 237 cu in. definitely a straight 6 carbeurated*sp. i also think that i read somewhere that it was 85 hp, but with a 5.38 rear end it's all torque, baby.

IJ. said:
Clip: 7MGTE swap?

need you to help me on this one IJ. i had been thinking seriously of the 7mge swap...you think 200hp and 180 ft lb will push this around? it weighs in around 4800 lbs, but its registered for 7000.

91T breezen' said:
In a word; Why?:icon_conf Some vehicles are better left on the scrap heap. I would ressurect many Supra's, before I would waste a dime on that ugly ass thing! But, to each thier own, and good luck!:icon_razz

Why? this truck has been in the family since 1975. my uncle got it around that time and restored it to an almost original condition, bondo'ed all sorts of bullet holes, replaced just about everything that was broken. of course it's ugly ass right now, it hasn't been on the road in eight years.

here's the good part. the engine has been completely rebuilt and purrs like a kitten. all i need to take care of is the brakes and this thing will be streetable. we'll see where i get!

can anyone host a vid for me? i wanna take a few of this running so you guys can hear the raw power...

willfish said:
really cool man,

can I ask you soomething,
what does that trailer wiegh ?
and where did you get it ?
Will

trailer weighs in around 1600 lbs, its rated at 7000 lbs. i myself borrowed it from a friend, but he got it from anchor truck sales down here in roanoke, va.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
new pics! there's the engine (dur) and how do you guys like the cab? look close, and check out my custom vice-grip choke knob!

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
any way i can convert drums to discs? ive got 11 inch drums in the front and 14 inch drums in the back.

not hopin for the rocket, but i do like the idea of the 7m comfort. you just cant beat that BHG feel. id have to fab motor mounts, what else?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Clip said:
too bad i didn't have 100k to drop on the h1 alpha.

price tag on this: $500.00

true, Ima find one tho, Ive seen them go for $15k+. not the 100k one, but one that is basicly motor and chasis/suspension. none of that crap they have in them during war time, although that would kick ass.

L

lanky189

sweet i wanna drive that sumbitch down williamson rd on a saturdaynight

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
its got a 237ci in it right now, that makes for about 4 liters, if i did the math right. can't be all bad!

lanky, you're welcome to hop aboard, i got another seat up front and a sh*tload of room in the back!

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
getting ready to do the brakes in a few days, would it be easier to rebuild or order new wheel cylinders? mine don't work at all 4 corners, news for the back cost 28 apiece and the fronts, 65. i think the same company also sells rebuild kits for 6-10 bucks...any ideas?

and where the hell would i start rebuilding them, honing the bore?

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
Clip said:
too bad i didn't have 100k to drop on the h1 alpha.

price tag on this: $500.00

When it was dicont'd, the Alpha was pushing 140....damn I wish I had that kinda cash! ;)

Seriously, you guys really think that the 7M would have enough low end torque to push this thing? Even with the 5.8 diff, that seems like a stretch to me. Iono, could be way off. Just curious, I really don't know.

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
sorry, not to hijack your thread.\

our car wieghs what 38 houndred pounds ?

I need a trailer ,like the one you borrowed that weighs under one thousdand pounds, my Xterra to capacity is 5000
si if i trailer waeghs 1000 an supra 3800 i'm good right ?

Will

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
usually (with the silverado, at least) the towing capacity is max trailer load. i towed this truck (registered 7000 lbs, weighed 2.7 tons on the junkyard scale so around 5000something) with a 1600 lb trailer. max capacity with the silverado was 5000 trailer load, 5000 lb hitch capacity.

in other words, i was probably pushing it but everything handled ok, just made sure to put some extra air in the rear tires and balance the load. id park the supra up there backwards when you're towing if you're worried, since more of the weight is in the front. thats what we did with the truck and it worked fine.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
so what would i have to look at to see if the 7mge could push this beast? just compare torque?

edit: anyone have info on the brakes?