Check engine light problem...

supramk3man

Supramania Contributor
Jun 26, 2005
kentucky
Are you sure that you got the Te1 and E1 conected. On my 1jz i had the same problem and it turned out that the pin in the te1 spot got pushed to far down in the holder and the wire wasn't making a contact. So i got a little nail and put it down in there and made the contection that way. Might want to get a flashlight and look down in the E1 and the Te1 spot in the little box.

bluemkiii

redmkiii's little brother
Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
tissimo;1173678 said:
When you jump Te1 & E1 the CEL is solid and doesn't blink? Or just doesn't come on?

Its just solid when the key is turned.

supramk3man;1173695 said:
Are you sure that you got the Te1 and E1 conected. On my 1jz i had the same problem and it turned out that the pin in the te1 spot got pushed to far down in the holder and the wire wasn't making a contact. So i got a little nail and put it down in there and made the contection that way. Might want to get a flashlight and look down in the E1 and the Te1 spot in the little box.

I'm pretty sure I saw the two pins in there but I'll have to check again, thanks for the advice.

Zerocool;1173729 said:
Israel it sounds like your TPS, if you want give me a call tomarrow and if your willing to travel a distance ill be more then happy to check it out for you :).

Problem is I cant drive my car like this. It probably is my tps but I still want to run the codes with the new ecu to make sure. I'm going to check tommorow though to make sure its within spec, Thanks for the help.

bluemkiii

Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
Well I figured out the problem the voltage on the battery wasn't full and It doesn't blink if the battery is dead or doesn't have good voltage. Also my car isn't throwing any codes but it still runs like crap.

Its wierd because sometimes it idles good but I can't rev it. And other times it idles crapy but it revs good. What could be causing this? Also when I press on the brake pedal, the car wants to die but it doesn't, the idle just goes down but then jumps back up so basically on the initial press of the brake pedal the car wants to die. Hope that makes sense. I'm starting to think its the fuel pump but sometimes it revs good, but then again it could be on its way out. Thanks for any help or advice guys I appreciate it.

Last edited:

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
bluemkiii;1174884 said:
Well I figured out the problem the voltage on the battery wasn't full and It doesn't blink if the battery is dead or doesn't have good voltage. Also my car isn't throwing any codes but it still runs like crap.

Its wierd because sometimes it idles good but I can't rev it. And other times it idles crapy but it revs good. What could be causing this? Also when I press on the brake pedal, the car wants to die but it doesn't, the idle just goes down but then jumps back up so basically on the initial press of the brake pedal the car wants to die. Hope that makes sense. I'm starting to think its the fuel pump but sometimes it revs good, but then again it could be on its way out. Thanks for any help or advice guys I appreciate it.

You may want to check for vacuum leaks/boost leaks. The power assisted brakes use vacuum as assist.

Wayne

bluemkiii

Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
Well worked on the car alittle today and I checked the vacuum and its a tad over 400mmhg which is around 15 inhg. So I still think I have a vac leak somewhere. It got dark quick so I couldnt look anymore. I also ran the codes and I'm throwing a code 78 which is a short or something in the fuel pump curcuit.here is a link to the code diagnostics, http://soarercentral.com/sc-forum/messages/1113/862.html?1100787369
Anybody familiar with this code? I'm thinking my fuel pump is taking a dump on me, I dont know though. Also the car usually fires up on the first of second crank but today it took a couple more cranks so I dont know if the FP is going out or what. The car was reving freely today aswell but still idles kinda funny and wanted to die at times. Let me know what you guys think, Thanks for any help or advice I appreciate it.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
It sounds like a vacuum leak. Have you checked all of your lines to make sure they're connected good and no holes in them? Make sure and check the line running to your brake booster as well. Good luck.

bluemkiii

Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
suprahero;1184338 said:
It sounds like a vacuum leak. Have you checked all of your lines to make sure they're connected good and no holes in them? Make sure and check the line running to your brake booster as well. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to make sure every vacuum line is hooked up correctly and that they aren't leaking. Hopefully thats whats causing this.

bluemkiii

Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
Well checked for vac leaks, There is one port on the manifold I didn't have hooked up though. And the odd thing is when the boost guage is hooked up to that port on the manifold, the car doesn't start and when I disconnect it it starts right up. So it basically runs only with that a vac leak, and if I block off the port with my finger the engine will die, the motor it self runs alright it idles between 700 to 800 rpm (fluctuates alittle) and revs pretty good(not a 100% though, still some hesitation), it just doesn't sound right or run right. I was thinking maybe my isc is stuck shut or something. Anybody know how I can test it. Its the only thing that comes to mind. Any body have a similiar problem? Thanks again for the help.