cheap truck turbos?

Untouchable7mgte

back in the game!
Apr 1, 2005
Wilkes-Barre,PA
hey guys i heard that you can use diesel truck turbo. i have a manifold that has a t4 tang flange. What trucks could i look for to use one of of because there are alot of junkyards around here. but anyways just want to know if you can do that and what ones i get get it from.

thanks guys

tomz

Untouchable7mgte

back in the game!
Apr 1, 2005
Wilkes-Barre,PA
yea i saw those but the holset,i think, have all t3 flange is there any model or year that would have them? And the other question was is there special junkyard for diesel trucks??

thanks

tomz

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Unless they are giving the turbo away for free, don't waste your money.

You can get a brand new Master Power turbo from Brazil based on Garrett parts and sizes, from a ISO 9001/2000 company. (That means they can bid on and build OEM quality parts, and they have a pretty good reputation in the market as well.)

Here is a good example.
I just bought a Master Power T70 turbo for about 600.00 shipped to my door. (Try ebay, look for Miketurbo.)
It's every bit as nice as the similar turbo's I've seen for 2x the price, and I really can't say they are better in any way actually.

Another example is a Tarus handgun. You can buy the Beretta and pay 600+ for your 9mm self defense weapon, or you can buy the Tarus copy of the same weapon built in Brazil of the exact same gun with a few minor changes, and pay about 1/2. (BTW, my Tarus PT92 has cycled over 2000 rounds with zero problems, and I have nice rubber grips and other aftermarket stuff on there as they are very popular.)

Untouchable7mgte

back in the game!
Apr 1, 2005
Wilkes-Barre,PA
thanks adjuster for that info but im looking for something like 100 bucks maybe because im gonna be selling my car and i want to get something cheap to replaceit now.

Untouchable7mgte

back in the game!
Apr 1, 2005
Wilkes-Barre,PA
does anyone have a cheap t4 turbo siting around that i could possibly buy off someone or any ideas??? cause my car is blowing alot of smoke and it sucks cause my seals are dead. but someone let me know. thanks.

tom

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
check for a clogged up oil drain line. (Old and burned oil there.)

Turbo's don't generally leak oil from "seals" they leak because the oil coming in does not have an easy way to drain out.

Unless the piston ring seal is broken, then you could have a constant oil leak I suppose.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
If you're looking for a cheap turbo that can make good hp from the diesel world... hunt down a hy35w. Its got the smaller exhaust housing (9cm) than the typical hx40. It will spool around 3krpm and make up to 450hp if pushed hard enough.
But yes its a t3 flanged turbo.

Untouchable7mgte

back in the game!
Apr 1, 2005
Wilkes-Barre,PA
thanks ij ill have to look into that also when i get a chance. Jon do you think i can put a t4 exhaust side on the HY35W to make it fit on my t4 manifold?? thanks again guys.

tom