Cheap easy Front seat upgrade

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
ive always wanted a decent non powered option i know my seats in my gs are heavy as heck.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Would it be possible to get a non power passenger seat from a RHD car and bolt it in so it looks stock without the weight in the driver seat of a LHD car?

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Nosechunks;2011223 said:
Would it be possible to get a non power passenger seat from a RHD car and bolt it in so it looks stock without the weight in the driver seat of a LHD car?

It was possible to get non power drivers seats in our supras as well. They aren't very common, but probably easier than finding a RHD seat.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Yea i figure a RHD passenger seat would bolt right in as a driver side seat in a LHD car. Just gotta find one. Wonder what the weight difference is. Gotta be pretty decent.

Supra_dan

Aug 14, 2011
north carolina
Now yes, I have searched. What I have found seems to be speculations. Does anybody have a definitive weight for the driver side seat (and passenger seat too I suppose)

Would like to know some true weight savings on this.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
akito;2011358 said:
It'll be easier to find a NA non power driver side seat. My 89 NA had non powered driver seat.

My NA has power leather seats. It was like a $220 option if you only got the power seats on a cloth interior, and I believe the leather was a Leather/Power Seat Package so they always came together.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Well I found a set and put them in. It's not a direct bolt-in scenario, and they still need some tweaking before I'd consider it a good swap, but the weight difference is significant. Had a couple people sit in the car and not notice, besides the awkward seat position. Decent color match to my medium grey interior as well.

I will be taking pictures of the seats, modifications, and install later this week- probably Wednesday or so. FEAR NOT! I won't disappear.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
toyotanos;2011806 said:
Well I found a set and put them in. It's not a direct bolt-in scenario, and they still need some tweaking before I'd consider it a good swap, but the weight difference is significant. Had a couple people sit in the car and not notice, besides the awkward seat position. Decent color match to my medium grey interior as well.

I will be taking pictures of the seats, modifications, and install later this week- probably Wednesday or so. FEAR NOT! I won't disappear.

Sweet, As you can tell, we will be waiting for pics and updates.

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
toyotanos;2011806 said:

never forget ...never forgive.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I got a set of Acura Integra GSR seats from a 96, as advertised by the seller. They are black with gray/white patterns on the center section of the seat. They are smaller than Supra seats, so they're easier to make fit, but they do make a decent gap between the center console and the seat. Might get a bit better with further modification, but what I'll show you is the simplest stuff to get them in the car. Everyone's taste in seat positioning is different, and it's far from perfect for me. I'm going to try to get it better, though.

You guys are funny, welcome to life with a 3 month old. Some might do it better, but I'm not so good at it yet. Heck, I haven't even reopened my FS thread because I cant guarantee timely shipping and messages. Little non-time sensitive stuff like this is easier to manage. WHOO!