Charcoal Can question???

hatchet9mm

Aug 1, 2008
USA
I have heard that some guys have gotten smaller charcoal canisters that work, but I have found no one who could tell me where to get one. I would really like to put a catch can where my charcoal can is, but I won't do that until I have secured a charcoal can that is smaller so I can hide it somewhere. Can any of you guys tell me where to get a smaller one and what types of charcoal canisters will work?

hatchet9mm

Aug 1, 2008
USA
part number/ pics? just in case I have to go to a junkyard to find one to fit my budget. that doesn't look too much smaller.

Last edited:

Valverde

May 10, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
You can grab a similarly CC on newer cars. If get a smaller one, you can hide it behind the fender liner. There is answer in old threads it s been covered before. Just type charcoal canister in search you will find it

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I think in California you have to have a visible charcoal canister, so relocating it to the fender is a big no-no, even if it is there, you'll fail visual..

I have to ask my neighbor who does smog checks when he gets back from Mexico next week..

hatchet9mm

Aug 1, 2008
USA
I found it, its 77740-14240, time to go to toyota and see if they can get me one. I wonder what they would charge me? probably an arm and a leg.