Changing wheels once again.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
So after running my Kei Office wheels for about 2 years I had grown tired of them and long for my OEM 91 5Spokes again. Lucky for me I had come across a set of beat and tattered MKIV TT Wheels. However this is the one time I could not refinish and repaint them myself, two wheels were bent, all were curb rashed. Enough for most people to not even bother working with them as the pictures show. Best part they were free.

p2002615_1.jpg

So I had a local friend fix and recondition the wheels for me. Heres how they turned out

I cant wait to get tires for the rear and mount them. Yes I will be getting center caps for the wheels. Also I know this might not interest people since they are stock wheels, but man they look good.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
mirage83;2002672 said:
Nice work getting those wheels back in shape, they do look good. How much was the reconditioning?

It was $360 for all four

Silver MK3;2002676 said:
I actually usually prefer the understated look of stock wheels versus aftermarket wheels. Can't wait to see them on there.

Thats exactly how I feel, Im excited myself.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
JDMMA70;2002684 said:
It was $360 for all four

Thats exactly how I feel, Im excited myself.

You should be excited. $360 for a set of what are now essentially new wheels isn't bad at all. I've toyed with the idea myself of getting some 17's from another car like a MK4 or so for my Supra. I really like the wheels on the 04-06 Acura TL as well and think they would look really good on a MK3.

2049-042-wheel-profile-480.jpg

I could only ever find one person who had done it with a MK3. I think it looks good.

p2002690_1.jpg

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
These are one of the best wheel set ups we can put on our car, the width, the sizes, and the costs of these make them very affordable and they look great on our car. I have a set of 98 polished ones on mine, running a square 9.5 set up that allows the front to sit better than the stock TT fronts. These are currently on my Ls400 and they make the car looks even better.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
OP, nice looking wheels. Brand new wheels of nearly any variety really clean up the look of a mk3. So many I see have tired wheels and it can really kill the appearance. My own car falls into that category as well. I just got one wheel refinished due to a bent lip and it's really made me realize how shoddy all the others look.

On another note: those Acura TL's with those 5 spoke wheels are one of the sexiest normal cars I can think of.

2013-acura-tl-pictures-361.jpg

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
gtsfirefighter;2002839 said:
Looks really really nice Derek.

I think those Acura wheels looks really good on that car as well.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks these Acura wheels would look good on a MK3. I've been seriously contemplating getting a set for mine. I would like 17's on mine and the Acura wheels are 17x8 +45 I believe so I think they would fit pretty well all around. There is a company that sells replicas of the stock wheel and you can get a new set for less than $400 plus the cost of tires. I have sawblades on my car right now, and I like them becuase of the original 80's looks, but at the same time would like to have a more modern less 80's looking set of wheels on the Supra.

suprarx7nut;2002845 said:
OP, nice looking wheels. Brand new wheels of nearly any variety really clean up the look of a mk3. So many I see have tired wheels and it can really kill the appearance. My own car falls into that category as well. I just got one wheel refinished due to a bent lip and it's really made me realize how shoddy all the others look.

On another note: those Acura TL's with those 5 spoke wheels are one of the sexiest normal cars I can think of.

2013-acura-tl-pictures-361.jpg

They are good looking cars, if only you could get them in rear wheel drive. Some new people moved in across the street about a year ago and he drives a TL that looks exactly like that picture you posted. Same color and everything. That's where I first noticed those 5 spoke wheels and can't help but look at them all the time now. I feel like it might be a little weird if I get the same wheels for my Supra as the guy living across the street, but he probably wouldn't even notice :).

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Ugh bad news. Found another crack I didnt see before, and this one I dont think is repairable although looks like someone tried. This sucks now I have to find just one TT wheel. As I said I got these wheels from another member but I swear he had to have been doing at least 70mph when they hit the pothole to crack it this bad.

p2003424_1.jpg

p2003424_2.jpg

p2003424_3.jpg

p2003424_4.jpg

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
And thats why I don't buy much off the forums anymore. Bunch of liars that don't tell the truth of the part. Granted, they may not have known about that.. but some of the stuff that I've had to deal with was just straight up bullshit

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk