CF Stout/custom hoods soon available for the mk3!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Reign_Maker said:
Ive been wanting one of those for ever! I just dont know if I want carbon fiber though... Do you think they can be made in FRP or whatever plastic they use? I wanna paint mine, so CF would kind of be a waste...

exactly. my car is antibling. infact, after paint, the only non-black thing on it will be the gunmetal rims... so i would want something that i wouldn't feel terrible about painting.

would there be a price difference between a CF or a fiberglass hood? if so, what will it be? i'm really interested, but i don't want CF.

-shaeff

Nick Stonawski

Apr 2, 2005
Manhattan Beach
shaeff said:
exactly. my car is antibling. infact, after paint, the only non-black thing on it will be the gunmetal rims... so i would want something that i wouldn't feel terrible about painting.

would there be a price difference between a CF or a fiberglass hood? if so, what will it be? i'm really interested, but i don't want CF.

-shaeff

one GB at a time guys. of course fibeglass is cheaper. but u HAVE to paint it then. at least with the CF u can leave it alone and or if u end up painting it u can do what some do and have a "fade" where its painted then just aroudn the top of the hood some CF comes thgrough the paint. not full blown CF but just a hint of it under the paint. my boss' car has it on thier Corolla and it looks beauitful!

nrogers

May 14, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
SO I am wondering how much to get one shipped to calgary canada! I would love one of those stout hoods or even any other carbon fibre, Sorry if im not on topic with whats been going on, i tried to read through all the pages but it got tiring haha

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
Not like this would change any of your plans, but I wish you would just make some and offer them for sale. I would buy a stock cf hood asap if it actually fit ( I recently bought a vis hood and had to send the pos back)

So if you read this and happen to have a stock cf hood available, pm me. I dont want to sit forever (probably more than a year to get people to commit to this) with my money tied up, but I would be willing to buy one if it was made or being made upon request.

Jon

Nick Stonawski

Apr 2, 2005
Manhattan Beach
GotTurbos? said:
Not like this would change any of your plans, but I wish you would just make some and offer them for sale. I would buy a stock cf hood asap if it actually fit ( I recently bought a vis hood and had to send the pos back)

So if you read this and happen to have a stock cf hood available, pm me. I dont want to sit forever (probably more than a year to get people to commit to this) with my money tied up, but I would be willing to buy one if it was made or being made upon request.

Jon

ghuys, check the GB section. CF hoods nearing completion. Stout and Stock

nrogers

May 14, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
SupraNick said:
ghuys, check the GB section. CF hoods nearing completion. Stout and Stock

ALright mang i was just wondering, i wasnt sure if i had missed it or not. I dont have to put money in to get one do i? or can i just order it when they are ready?

alvin0326

Nov 25, 2012
new york
hey nick my name is alvin. i have an 89 supra and ive been trying to find a stout hood. is there any way you can get me one? ive been trying to find one for months and havent gotten any luck. my e mail is alvin0326@yahoo.com. thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.