carbon fibre bomex whale tail (gauging interest)

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
rightio... so this is going to be all up and going very soon :D costing has been done and we're now looking for ppl that are seriously interested in the product

i will find out the approx shipping costs tomorrow
price by boat and air mail

we need 20 people and pricing will be approx $350ish.. no more
this is for glass cloth coated in carbon fibre
the wings can't be made purely of carbon fibre due to massive increase in cost and carbon fibre is such a pain to shape

mounting has been rethought due to the originals causing rust (i've just repaired all my rust now) the sides also take the paint off the guards from rubbing.. we're hoping we have now fixed this..
mounting will be done with threads in the wing... so you put bolts into the wing to mount it rather than the silly brackets that the original uses
wings will be multi fit, so they will fit all 86-92 supras regardless of spoiler type
all wings will have the aerial gapping in it, got a slight curve in the wing to allow for the electric antenna

These will be extremely good quality!

so....
who's interested

1. jonnyredline
2. Stanzaspeed
3. skeeter019
4. Turkish
5. Drunk Medic

you can also pm me for details

Last edited:

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
gah! i just got my wing off last night and now your making me think about putting a different one on! seems like it will be a great peice when its done. how exactly will the bolts that hold it on be placed? will you have to drill new holes in the rear hatch to mount this or will it mate up with factory holes? keep us updated! oh, this is off topic but i got the parts you sent me, thanks for the fast shipping!

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
factory holes... just instead of being only i think 6 holes in 89+ in the wing there will be the 89+ hole pattern & the pre 89
so you just thread up whichever ones match your factory holes
did that make sense lol

cool... got there ok then :D

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
sorry i didnt read your first post thouroghly... but for a day's pay... aw to hell with it... im just glad i only capped the stock mounting holes for now.

1.jonnyredline
2.stanzaspeed

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Dumb question - is it also gapped to make room for the rear glass wiper?

How long after paying should we expect these to be done and shipped?

Also, when would you need the cash for this item? I'm interested, but might not be able to do this until about the 20th.