Carbon Fiber parts

laxboy36

Mar 25, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
Im interested in buying some carbon fiber parts but cant find the right person who does like interior stuff and shit. retrospec and c7carbon made some but cant find him. so does anyone else know where i can buy the carbon fiber interior part where the shifter is? and other parts?

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
My wife bought me something from them for my B-day a while ago. It took four calls and like 8 weeks to get my pieces and when they showed up the quality was crap. I never even used the pieces they are still sitting. I also thought they made their own pieces but mine were imported from Mexico so i dont know. So be warned if you do business with them.

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
The fact that their website doesn't have any information about the company or their experience is sketchy to me. As much as I would love some of the parts they have, I can't justify dropping $1100 on carbon fiber given their history.
-AM3

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Kyle ^^^^^ actually makes some great CF parts for the Supra.. I have his fusebox cover and camgear cover. (waiting on his redesigned coilpack cover too)

and yeah, retrospec/C7 tried to screw me over and only agreed to refund me once Mike and Ian stepped in and put some pressure on them.

RogueCustoms

Custom Painter/Fabricator
Apr 7, 2012
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
Dylan JZ;1833349 said:
Kyle ^^^^^ actually makes some great CF parts for the Supra.. I have his fusebox cover and camgear cover. (waiting on his redesigned coilpack cover too)

and yeah, retrospec/C7 tried to screw me over and only agreed to refund me once Mike and Ian stepped in and put some pressure on them.

Who's Kyle and how do I get a hold of him?

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
projectsupra;1833337 said:
Does it matter? Same cheap polyester/chopped mat products.
Its more I'm curious as to if they were always dishonest or if C7 bought them out and it turned into a shit show. And its not a matter of buying it somewhere else in my case as no one else makes the rear speaker pods and I had already bought my 6.5" infinity kappa speakers before they pulled this.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
It was always the same company for as long as I can remember.. retrospec was just a division of C7 AFAIK, and they sold the retrospec stuff under the C7 name on ebay too.

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
From what I gathered, when people caught onto their service being shit, they changed the name to C7 and said they were "bought out".
-AM3

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Yeah, that was just marketing.. I made a mistake though as the name was originally C12 Carbon Components, and then they changed the named to C7 later on. Apparently the owners are the same (Paulo and Ryan) according to threads on this topic on other car forums.

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You know who makes some pretty nice carbon parts that I've bought? Shine Auto Project. Shameless plug, but those guys have have made some really nice pieces for our cars. Not really "decorative" type stuff though, it's all aero-type...

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Nothing wrong with promoting Shine A.P. All of the aero on my car, kit and diffuser, are made by them, and the quality is fantastic for the price.