Car wont start all of a sudden just put it back together...

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Ok, I just got my car all back together on Tuesday night... It started right up! Drove around 100 miles and it was feeling good then started to roughen up a little at idle.. Last night it started rough and wouldn't hardly go! I brought it home and it cranks and you can can hear the pump go on but will not turn over! I've checked and I have no codes!! Havent checked my plugs yet.. that could be it.. I just used the same plugs because I forgot order more...

Any suggestions??

Replaced mhg, rebuilt turbo, new mishimoto radiator, powdercoatd a couple parts, put it all backtogether...

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
I would change your plugs and make sure you check tha CPS. You know we all have that "jiggle the wire syndrome". Good luck bro keep us updated

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
ohh no.. did you tell it you loved it and that your sorry for cussing it on the tear down? give me a ring back man!

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
grimreaper;1525090 said:
ohh no.. did you tell it you loved it and that your sorry for cussing it on the tear down? give me a ring back man!

I will, on a coference call right now.. have it on mute!

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

wardog;1525052 said:
I would change your plugs and make sure you check tha CPS. You know we all have that "jiggle the wire syndrome". Good luck bro keep us updated

I have a new harness and a great cps so I don't think it's that but I'll check it again too.

87GWSupra

Rally Supra
Jan 24, 2010
Carlton, Oregon
Just a thought but because you mentioned it began running rougher then wouldn't start I wonder if dirt could have gotten In your fuel lines or rail and stuck in your injectors. Other then that sounds like cps came loose and moved your timing. But you said you changed it so their goes that idea. Start checking fuses and grounds. What my electrical systems professor in auto tech always says haha.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Ok some of the tests I've done is put a timing light on all the wires and have signal,
did the fuel pump relay check jumper thing and the pump comes on...
the tach goes to 2-300rpm when trying to crank so that rules out the cps..
plus changed out the cps to one I know works
put new plugs in
put new battery in...

I put 101 miles on it then now it doesn't start!! wtf!

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
Do you have a spark tester? #9
manual.aspx

what about coil pack harness? Do you have a voltmeter to ohm test the coils? does it start while pressing the gas pedal? Had a chance to try the other afm for shits and gigs?

Are the s-afc and zextronic wired up to the ecu power supply or on their own circuit? Are they coming on at key "on"? What is the afm hz reading on the s-afc while your cranking?
Everything with mechanical timing lined up? put the cps smack dab in the middle of the adjustment range. I thought you said yours usually runs a bit to one side ..

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Tried the other AFM...
checked the timing and everything is perfectly lined up...
checked the harness on the coil packs and they are good..
dont have an voltmeter...
The SAFR and Zeitronix are wired in to the ECU power and both come on my SAFR doesn't read hz...

MINA

Jan 19, 2010
sacramento
might sound funny mine did the same thing i check both regulators on the fuel rail and run a direct ground from the block to the battery i did this and it fired up le me know

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Stock has a direct ground from the battery and block then to the chassis...wouldn't consider that a fix

you need to pull the fuel pump relay then pull a spark plug and crank the engine to see if you are indeed getting spark.

If you are getting fuel and spark then you'd atleast get a random pop...

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

And there is only one fuel regulator on the fuel rail....the other thing is a fuel damper

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Ok got it fixed my timing was off and there was a set of wires on the ecu that wasn't plugged in.. plugged it in set my timing and it fired right up! Stupid little mistakes putting this thing back together.. thanks guys for all the help!