Car won't idle after GM 3 bar MAP sensor install

cbutler

Jan 31, 2006
Regina, SK
I know there are a number of threads similar, but can't find exactly what i'm looking for:
I wired in a GM 3bar MAP into my Apexi Neo and into stock ECU, hoping to be able to raise the boost over stock fuel cut. Now it runs like crap, backfires, stalls out, etc. I tried playing around with the low throttle settings on the neo a bit but can't get her to stay running. I know there are other people running this set up on here with success so any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks,

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
the only way i have seen a "secondary" map sensor work with the safc's is when its used to feed a signal to the safc ONLY.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
It wont work, use the stock map sensor. With a SAFC Neo, you'll be able to raise the fuel cut just fine with the stock sensor.

If you want an explanation, the scale is WAAAAAYYYYYY off through out. If you get the SAFC to idle ok, wot will be all wrong, etc.

cbutler

Jan 31, 2006
Regina, SK
tissimo;1590719 said:
It wont work, use the stock map sensor. With a SAFC Neo, you'll be able to raise the fuel cut just fine with the stock sensor.

If you want an explanation, the scale is WAAAAAYYYYYY off through out. If you get the SAFC to idle ok, wot will be all wrong, etc.

Well that's too bad, luckily it wasn't too expensive or a lot of work. Do you mean raise the fuel cut with a FCD? With my SAFC setting my fuel cut still hits at the stock level. I do not have fuel pressure regulator so I don't think I can get around this without a FCD which I was trying to avoid.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
cbutler;1591541 said:
Well that's too bad, luckily it wasn't too expensive or a lot of work. Do you mean raise the fuel cut with a FCD? With my SAFC setting my fuel cut still hits at the stock level. I do not have fuel pressure regulator so I don't think I can get around this without a FCD which I was trying to avoid.

get a FPR, raise fuel pressure and pull more out up top. Fuel cut raised "naturally"

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
Yes you can raise fuel cut. Like I said in the other thread I've been able to boost to 22psi with just a safc running 2jz ecu and map sensor.

cbutler

Jan 31, 2006
Regina, SK
OneJSupra;1591670 said:
Yes you can raise fuel cut. Like I said in the other thread I've been able to boost to 22psi with just a safc running 2jz ecu and map sensor.

Need some explanation on the How. Did you raise fuel pressure like is commonly done? I agree with grimreaper's suggestion that getting a FPR is the ideal way to do this, but was originally looking for a 'budget' method to safely raise boost above fuel cut rather than spending $300.