Car will only run if B+ and FP bridge after loom/ecu swap help!!

MA70AEROTOP

Sep 24, 2008
Perth
Hi guys

Currently to start my car I need to bridge FP and B+. ive check the loom and every thing goes to the correct area. with my modified cressida loom and ecu it started and ran fine. Ive noticed attaching a multimeter to yellow FP wire out of ecu while cranking shows volts going up then going to 0volts with FP and B+ briged it will hold 12 volts all time! ive looked thorugh the diagrams and im stuck :cry: B+ wire from ecu is 12volts, im currently running a auto loom with a manuel ecu(yellow plug ecu and loom) ive brideged it to start also.

please help and sorry about my ramblings :evil2:

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
First things that come to my mind are: Neutral Start Switch, FC switch in the VAF (is the VAF connected? or are you just testing this in the garage?) and the Circuit Opening Relay. Double check in the TEWD, I'm pretty sure all three can cause what you're experiencing.

Good luck!

MA70AEROTOP

Sep 24, 2008
Perth
CRE;1340110 said:
First things that come to my mind are: Neutral Start Switch, FC switch in the VAF (is the VAF connected? or are you just testing this in the garage?) and the Circuit Opening Relay. Double check in the TEWD, I'm pretty sure all three can cause what you're experiencing.

Good luck!

hmmm FC vaf what is that ? im running a w58 gearbox and i bridged the 2 thick wires in that 3 pin plug for it to start....circuit opening relay worked fine with my other loom wierd hey??

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
The yellow wire from ECU FP only controls pump speed. It should go high when cranking because the ECU runs the pump at high speed until the engine starts. I seriously doubt it has anything to do with your problem. As CRE said check the switch in the AFM. Or manually push the vane in with the key on and see if the pump runs...

MA70AEROTOP

Sep 24, 2008
Perth
I see Ive done that ive got 2 known working AFMS here and pushing in the AFM vane results in nothing :(

to add to this I bridge the green wire FC i thin in the AFM to E2 and car runs..........

MA70AEROTOP

Sep 24, 2008
Perth
hmm well the B+ wires, FP wire, Green wire from afm all connected ok. could it be an issue with NSW, STA due to it being a auto loom with manuel ecu?

MA70AEROTOP

Sep 24, 2008
Perth
ok whilst its running with FP and B+ connected engine light comes up after awhile. ok ive jumped it and pump doesnt run......also to add to this my temp gauge from a cold start goes stirght to "H" all grounds are ok!

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Sigh. Just follow directions and answer the questions Grasshopper. Does the pump run with those pins of the COR jumped and the key on? I don't want FP and B jumped. And does the CEL come on as soon as the key is turned on?

rj_conerly

Jan 13, 2009
ruffin, nc
could be something as stupid as the fp relay or resister in my mind. or maybe the efi fuse or realy in the fuse box did you check all of them?

MA70AEROTOP

Sep 24, 2008
Perth
must be an issie with the loom possilby B1 plug....put in cressy/supra loom and she runs fine.....Both B1 plugs of yellow and grey fit into GREY plug BODY plug!! maybe pins are incorrect will check maybe something to do with the STA that goes from ecu to COR according to TSRM...im using a manual ecu with auto loom......

MA70AEROTOP

Sep 24, 2008
Perth
ok guys some news after testing Circuit opening relay section......PIN 1 AND 2 jumpered makes the pump run, PIN 4 is ment to be linked with AFM Green wire but instead its someone linked to the STJ wire WTF????? how can that be??

MA70AEROTOP

Sep 24, 2008
Perth
please help jetlock your my only hope :( I also reliesed that 7MGE gets FC wire via AFM to B1 and 7MGTE ecu outputs FC to the same B1 connection so I can clarafiy that the fc connection from afm connects b1 plug...

I noticed that if its plugged in it should continue to pin 4 of CIRCUIT open relay but it doesnt??? with my cressida/supra grey plug loom it runs fine!!!

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Never beg son. Are ye man or mouse? So after I told you to jumper 1 and 2 on the COR you said the pump wouldn't run but now you claim it does? That means the power side is OK and the problem lies on the control side. If you can't fix it, cheat. If it's not wired right wire it so it is. Find the wire coming from B1 pin 6, cut whatever wire is now on pin 4 of the COR, and connect the B1 wire to pin 4 so that when the AFM vane is pushed in pin 4 on the COR gets grounded through the FC switch in the AFM. Whats so hard about that?

MA70AEROTOP

Sep 24, 2008
Perth
what I find wierd is why pin 4 is hooked up to cold start (STJ)?? I didnt do any hacking of the wiring loom its a yellow plug loom out of a 87 Non turbo into my 90 MA70 was factory 7mgte. even with the b1 plug disconnected some how pin 4 stll connects to STJ WTF..cheers for the help may need to wire it up I guess. all this is with the ECU Disconnected.....

ps: funny thing is my grey plug cressida/loom doesnt do this..

MA70AEROTOP

Sep 24, 2008
Perth
ITS FIXED JETJOCK I forgot to ground E2 wire!!!!! now my next issue is I start the car temp sensor shows car is cold after 2 mins it goes stright to hot!!! car is cold....why would this happen I have swapped out the sensor