Car will not start, any thoughts

NADude98

Apr 5, 2006
Terre Haute, IN
www.myspace.com
Hi everyone,
I have a major problem and would appreciate feedback.

While I was checking my coolant lines that run to the turbo for leaks, ( I had just replaced them as well as replacing cam position sensor cover and seal) I moved some wires around the area above cam position sensor and the car just died. Just as if it had been shut off. When I tried to start it again it would not start. It backfired a couple of times and acts like it wants to start though it acts like it is 180 out of time.

After replacing the above items I drove the car about 10 to 15 miles. I have fuel pressure. I have spark. The car just will not run. Oh, I did find a bad wire, it was on the 02 sensor pigtail. The female one and it was the wire that is that is by itself. If you look at the pigtail there are two pins next to each other and then a lone one. The bad one is the lone one.

I checked the computer for codes and I have none.

Personally I am think cam position sensor is bad or the gear is stripped but that is just a guess.

Thanks,
Jim:1zhelp:

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
Edit***

it sounds like your timing is off if it sounds like its trying to start.

try timing it. loosen the CPS and have someone move it while your trying to start it, it should show some response.