Car starting after 9months!!!

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
After trying a MAP ECU, MAP ECU 2, and re trying the vpc, i went with the AEM and no luck until decided to rewire my original engine harness, thanks to many of you guys for the help, we finally got the car to start. It just needed some adjustments and to make sure all the sensors were reading correctly. So we got it to start COLD which is the amazing part, needs a little bit of open throttle at the beginning but other then that it'll idle on itself and sounds pretty good.

Here's a link to the vid(s).

Starting cold, today the weather was in the 30's, thinking the garage was around 40.

Some idling and some revving.

Hopefully the engine will be getting rebuilt soon.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Good job Emp. I know you're glad to get it running again. I can't stand it when my car isn't running. That's all the motivation I need when it's down.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
:boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies:

That is all ;)

cruzian7m

virgin islands native
Jul 31, 2005
phila,pa
Yeah julio it sounds pretty good. I wish it would have down loaded to my phone. Now i have to get my block out this saturday if the weather permits. Still waiting on my tax guy to do my taxes, so no parts purchase yet. keep me posted. Oh and this is dave.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
LOL i've been trying to figure out your s/n on here. Thanks man, hopefully i can get this thing tuned soon and be able to put down some numbers. While my extra block gets built :)

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
empera;953161 said:
LOL i've been trying to figure out your s/n on here. Thanks man, hopefully i can get this thing tuned soon and be able to put down some numbers. While my extra block gets built :)

lol yah I don't post much, where are you planning to get it tuned? Sounds good.

cruzian7m

virgin islands native
Jul 31, 2005
phila,pa
LOL kool. I hope to be up by may also,but you never know with the gremlins and all. My goal this time is at least 520hp to the wheels, 474 was so close, oh and my 8 year old is no longer allowed in the car without me to watch, so i don't have a repeat of last year.:3d_frown:

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
SupraJDS;953172 said:
lol yah I don't post much, where are you planning to get it tuned? Sounds good.

Not sure yet, maybe Ray at turbotektuning.com, he has helped me much so i'll see if we can get some dyno time.