car start beeping without having alarm???

remkye08

Learner
Oct 1, 2009
Round Rock, TX (Austin)
ok this is what happened i have my car hood open and all the doors locked i was really far from the car, from one moment to another the horn started beep beep beep really fast and the lights of my mkIII went up and turned on,

the car doesnt have alarm system idk how that happened if no one was around and i was far,

anyone have any idea why?

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
The only thing I can think of is the factory alarm went off. Mine did it every now and then when I looked the doors as I was getting out the car.

Other than that, idk, maybe your car was telling you to put an alarm on it in a nice way??? lol

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
factory alarm..

put the key in the ignition and turn it, if that doesn't turn the car on, get out, lock the door with your key and unlock it again, should start up, it'll also allow your radio to work again (factory alarm disables starter and stereo)..

to activate it, just lock the door with the door lock and shut it...

remkye08

Learner
Oct 1, 2009
Round Rock, TX (Austin)
i think it might be factory alarm but it didnt have that when i bought it

now the security light is blinking

but i hit the car with my hands and it doesnt activate the alarm,
how do itsupposed to make it sound? like hitting it somewhere?

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
mine went off the other day, ive only had the car for 2 weeks now and had no clue the factory alarm worked (i knew about the security light) but i always thought it needed to be armed by remote or something...well i opened the passenger door first after leaving it sit overnight and it starts going off...thatll wake you up at 6am

i feel better that the car atleast has something, but i like how the guy put it, the car is telling you it wants a better one

88_7mge

N/A Lover
Dec 1, 2008
Hemet, CA
remkye08;1453459 said:

ok. the factory alarm doesnt have a shock sensor. it is only activated by the doors being opened or the hood or liftgate being opened without unlocking the car first.

Yes it did have it when you bought it. they all had it from the factory.

the security light is blinking because the alarm is turned on. Stick your key in the door and unlock the door and the light stops blinking because the alarm has be deactivated.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
remkye08;1453459 said:

As far as I know all supras in the US have them. security light = factory alarm.

It works when it doesn't need to work is all I have to say about the damn thing.
Like last night...at 2am...

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I've only heard my factory alarm on my 86.5 and 92, not on my 89, which would have helped when they got stolen..!

But all U.S Supras came with the factory alarm, and the shitty part is old wiring will cause the damn thing to act up. Sometimes when I unlock my 86.5 with the key, the alarm goes off and embarasses the hell out of me. I have to jump in and put the key in the ignition...