car runs hot

Tgood

All throttle no bottle
Dec 16, 2005
ennis/dfw
I was driving home last night and I looked down at the temp gauge and saw it rising. I watched it for a second to see what was going to happen. It kept going up so I turned off the car and costed in neutrel for a couple of minutes. I turned the key on and the temp had went back to normal so I started it back up and kept driving. Long story short I had to do this 3 more times to get home. It was a little low on coolant today when I checked it out so I put some in it and the overflow was almost full to the top. I started it up and let it idle and get up to temp. The gauge goes up to normal and never moves. So I take it out for a drive and 2 minutes later the gauge goes up again. I let it cool off and start the drive home and the gauge never moves. This is confusing the s**t out of me. So can some one give me some input.

Tgood

All throttle no bottle
Dec 16, 2005
ennis/dfw
Yea I checked for leaks. I have never heard of air in the system making it act like this. If I'm driving and I give it wot then the temp will drop somtimes to.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Tgood said:
Yea I checked for leaks. I have never heard of air in the system making it act like this. If I'm driving and I give it wot then the temp will drop somtimes to.
At WOT you would be moving more air and coolant which would explain the drop in temp. Trapped air in the system will make it fluctuate depends on were the air is trapped. I wouldn't be driving WOT untill you find out what is wrong.

Tgood

All throttle no bottle
Dec 16, 2005
ennis/dfw
I don't mean 100% I mean about 60 or 75% throttle. Somtimes when I do it the temp will drop and somtimes it doesn't. I'm going to burp the system tomorrow. Hopefully that works.