car is redlining at 4500rpm need help

All_star

Mar 2, 2008
South central
everything read fine but i started to notice that when i put n power streering fluid in it runs fine but once its all gone it does that i have a sick leak can the rack n pinoin leak the whole fluids out or its the whole unit

All_star

Mar 2, 2008
South central
not rev ill be drving and some one that wants to run me and when i wanna run them or just driving on the freeway i cant go over it seems like not enough gas is not going in it feels like it toppping out and im not

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
Does it sound like your hitting the rev limiter?

I had maybe a similar issue, but i couldnt rev past 5500.It pulled and it seemed like it was hitting the rev limiter. My problem was the distributor. It was so worn that it just couldnt fire and keep up, i replace it and viola. Also Check your timing and confirm the fire order is correct.

All_star

Mar 2, 2008
South central
yeah it did sound like i had a rev limiter lol it was funny i was clowning on my homies evos lol hahaha ill check in too that u think i should go msd too just thorwing it out there

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
well my friend replaced a few parts on his 85 p-type and it felt better, he had the same prob u have he just got a new TPS (throttle position sensor) and check the tranny cable thing, the one cable that connects to the throttle linkages

All_star

Mar 2, 2008
South central
thanks i look into that too i just had the car for like about 6 month and stupid thing are just popping out of nowhere now :nono: when i got this car it was sitting for four years and now it becoming a bitch to bring her back to life lol curse the original owner :evil2: