car doesn't stay on

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
I was at a friends house on sunday so I pulled my car into his garage to replace my speedo cable. Figured I should give the supra a little TLC for once since i'm always helping other friends with their supras. The cable only took me about 30 minutes to change. After that I pulled the car out the garage and parked it. Now it doesn't want to stay on.

It pisses me off because it was out of nowhere. I took the car to the track on friday and run pretty good times for it being stock. Drove home fine, Saturday drove fine, Sunday drove fine to my friends house. Now the car has been sitting there for almost a week.

The car will start up fine Idle for a few seconds and then start to shake and die out. If i try to bring up the revs it sounds like it misses. I pulled the plugs and they were black as night. So I have a rich condition. I checked all the I/C piping and fixed anything i would think was a problem.

Other things I have already checked:

-AFM(tried it on my friends car and ran fine)
-Cps
-Coupler on 3000 pipe and TB
-All I/c pipes
-I pulled the plug on the ISC and the RPMs went up but ran the same
-I pulled the plug on the TPS and ran the same.

I changed the plugs when I Checked the I/c pipes. Started up the car, ran for about a minute or two die out. Pulled the plug and it was already black

What else could I check? I'm pretty clueless right now.

-

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Well let’s start with the basics, You got fuel in the gas tank. I've hade similar problems when I was sure I had gas in the tank. Found out later that the gas gauge was lying to me. So for kicks and grins get a gas can and put a little in. You never know.

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
Its not throwing codes. Its getting spark, Its getting fuel because my plugs are black, and its getting air threw the I/c hoses because they were already checked. Maybe I have a leak in the intake manifold. I don't know but that needs to be checked.

As far as gas being in the tank. It should be fine because i filled it up friday night after the track and realy didn't go anywhere with it on the weekend.

All the old farts around where i work are tell me, "See, thats what happens when you race your car".

One. I already know if I'm going to race, I'm going to break something

Two. It happened two days later and after an hour and half ride home from the track. And it felt strong coming home. I even let one of my friends drive it part of the way home.(he is the only one that I trust to drive my car) and he even said it feels strong and smooth.

I don't know I think my car turned on me. :evil3:

Last edited:

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
Resetting the Ecu how. By taking the negative off the battery. Already tried that.

I'm thinking maybe i could have a leak in my intake manifold or the injectors went.
I don't know I'm going to work on it sunday and see what happens.

If nothing i'm realy tempted to replace the headgasket since the car is already down already and change all the gasket and seals from the head up.