Canadian Music

Anth505

Failte
Apr 8, 2007
Toronto Ontario
I was in the southern states a while ago (a long while ago) and I got talking to a random about music. He was well versed on the subject but I was kind of surprised that he was unaware of Canadian bands who, up here, are household names. He's not the only guy either, I've spoken to many Americans over the years who have NFI these bands exist.

I've gone to Buffalo and Detroit to see some of these bands and there is a following there but south of that, nothing.

So I'm curious as to the popularity of some of my favourite bands both in the states and worlwide. I grew up with this music and IMHO these bands and their music was and continues to be some of the best Alternative Rock/Rock n' roll to come out of the 90's as well as this decade.

Here's a short list...

The Tragically Hip*
I Mother Earth*
Our Lady Peace
Moist*
Matthew Good Band
The Watchmen
The Headstones
Big Sugar*
54-40
Treble Charger
Sloan*
The Tea Party*
The Odds
Limblifter
Pure

Stars are placed beside my absolute favourites should you care to have a listen. I've seen them all live at least once at some point and they all kick serious ass.

So, my international Supra compadres...recognize any of these bands?

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
Our Lady Peace is the only one I've ever heard of from that list. The only other Canadian band that I've heard (that I know of) was "Final Fantasy."