Can I run MKIV Wheels on an 87 MKIII without spacers?

suprarick

May 3, 2007
Texas
As the title says, I prefer not to use spacers because I think they can be dangerous. I have some 17inch TT 97' MKIV wheels that are 235's in the front and 275's in the rear. I hope a few of you all have done this and driven successfully without rubbing issues (and that includes metal to metal rubbing along with rubber to metal rubbing). I read that some people have used spacers and others "haven't". I know that the offset might be different for the two primary styles of the MKIII Supra as well so that's important to keep in mind.

Patrick

Last edited:

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
You'll be fine. No rubbing at all. Front's will be sunk in pretty bad tho and look stupid imo. I currently run 10mm on the front and still need to go bigger.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
No sense deleting the thread, the information will be here for people to find in the future.

Confirming what was said, yes they will fit without rubbing, they will however look awful. (Personal opinion only; the fronts are way sunken in. +50mm offset is hard to swallow on an A70).

Jeff

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
My car with 25mm hubcentric spacers on the front. It rubbed the fender liner once on a hard bump, so I'll probably roll them at some point. Lowered on Eibach springs.

IMG_0092..JPG IMG_0091..JPG

MKIV TT wheels look horrible without spacers imho.

suprarick

May 3, 2007
Texas
I think they look decent enough without spacers (not to mention it's much safer). The pics above are my blue 87 without spacers. Definitely better than stock steelies lol. But yes, having spacers does look a bit more "flush."