Can I get Music off of my Ipod and loaded to a new computer

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
OK, due to only having 2 computers at home, and having 3 different devices needing iTunes, I had my iTunes on the computer at my old work, and it has now been deleted for over a year. I have 129 albums on my iPod, and only 2 of those were purchased from iTunes. I own about half of the CD's, but the rest were borrowed from other people, and are probably not replaceable at this point.

I now have iTunes on this computer where my older son used to have his iTunes, but he's now moved to Tuscaloosa and has his transferred to his laptop. I have recovered my iTunes account, , but none of the music is still there. I assume that is because the music was on the work computer, and accessed by iTunes. So, if I sync my device to the new iTunes, it will probably remove all of the music from it, never to be heard again, Right?

I'd like to add what is on the device to the computer/iTunes, so that I could add and delete more music. Is there any solution to my problems?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Search online for ipod ripping software, I did this a while back with my brothers, don't remember what I used, but I save his entire iPod easily.

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
Free software FTW!!!

On OSX: exPod : link
On Windows: iRip : link

Can't tell you how many times I've had to do this for friends/family. I haven't used iRip yet as I run OSX but Little App Factory makes decent apps for the Mac so it should work fine.

Just used iRip and it worked fine in XP on my iPhone 3GS w/iOS 4.2. Only complaint is that iTunes has to be installed as it uses the 'Apple Mobile Device' service from iTunes and imports songs directly into your iTunes library.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
I just used the home share option on itunes, super easy. You log into your itunes on both computers and bam, transfering is as easy as "select all" and double click