Camber Kit?

white_def

7MGT35R
Nov 16, 2006
Wisconsin
My MK3 is lowered (1.5") and it's on negative camber.

I was just wondering if they have any camber kit for the mk3s.

I did see one kit for the mk3s. it was called A1 Camber kit on horsepowerfreaks.com but don't know if any mk3 owner has ever had them on.

I dont' know any shop that can do camber alignments in Wisconsin, especially on a lowered car.

just wondering if anyone know how to fix the negative camber problems.

Thanx,
JOE

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
No shop's can adjust camber in the entire state?

Uhh... look around for better shops.
Here is how Camber is adjusted.
p435515_1.jpg

Also this is A1's site, you can find adjustable camber rods, etc.
http://www.a1racing.com/index.asp?PageAction=PRODSEARCH&txtSearch=supra&Page=1

Last edited:

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Unlike some cars, our cars have a fully adjustable suspension geometry. Any reputable suspension shop can adjust our suspension.

The cars they are telling you that they can't adjust are cars with McPherson struts. This is the reason people need camber kits for them. They probably saw your car was an import and naturally assumed it was McPherson strut based.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Those bolts have degrees markings on them. You can dial in the amount of chamber you want by rotatin them. They are basically elliptical rods. As they rotate clock-wise and counter clock-wise the pivot point for the lower A-arm changes.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
theKnifeArtist said:
oh boy.
you need an alignment machine, you can't just start turning bolts.

True, I will only align my car on an alignment rack, remember when you start turning bolts you could not only be changing Camber, but Caster and Toe too.
But if you are lowered that much and the camber is drastically off, you can do a quick align by eye to get the wheel straight.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
If your car is to low you can't use the stock camber bolt. You will need to buy the camber kit. My car is lowered on KYB-GR2's and Eibach springs and SEAR's was able to align my tires.