Cam pin/gear install.

AE86BLISS

Oldschool FTW!
Mar 19, 2011
MI
I got my head back from the shop and I was handed a box with my cam gears, bolts and pins. The only problem I'm having is where do I put the pins ( what hole of the 3) I would think it would be the middle one like it is on the gears....?
I have been using google and SM searching all night and still can not come up with the answer for my question.
I wish the shop would have maked what hole the pins were in the cams so I could just put my gears back on and be done with it.

If some one could hook me up with the answer or a link so I can find out, that would really help.

Thanks.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Holdover from the MKII. You aligned the gears and the cams seperately and then installed the pin. It's a way to degree the cams slightly.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
CyFi6;1715841 said:
Just out of curiosity, know of any reason why the cam/cam gear even has more than one hole?

Yep one side is a touch advanced the other is retarded, it's to allow for belt stretch/new belt, can't remember exactly but it's only 3/4 of a degree if you use 1/1 or 3/3.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Nope ;)

You'd have advanced/retarded it slightly, not enough to actually make a difference to anything it's more as I said to correct for Belts or machine work so you can get it 0/0 again.