cam identification

sweaver

Oct 13, 2010
ny
so im going through the car to verify what a previous owner stated he did. good news is i verified arp head stud kit. the cams have some blue and purple colored markings on them stamps on the cams are as fallows. cwc on the front end c2 back a lobe J-14 large stamp in the middle and finally EP 341 towards the back of the cam. also i was wondering how to verify a metal head gasket without breaking the head studs loose and removing the head. would a corner of the gasket be visable on the rear of the engine below the intake or exhaust manifold? with the arp head stud kit i would like to believe there is a mhg in there as the PO stated. however i need to verify it if i can. thanks for any help.
steve

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
CWC is the company that makes the raw cam core for 95% of all the cam companies that grind cams. CWC does not make finished camshafts, they just make the cam core ready for grinding the finished lobe on it. They sell the cores to other cam companies.

as for the ep 341, this link came up http://www.perfectengine.com/category_s/65.htm the j-14 alost matches with the ones for the 7m engine, there listed as t-14, t being for toyota i assume, and the j on yours for japan?