Calling all Supra owners!

st2b

Banned
Sep 15, 2006
Versailles (Lex) Ky
www.myspace.com
Wow. All I can say is wow.

Listen to this.

I just had a 14 year old boy, walk up to my house, and ring my doorbell at 5:00AM. He asked me if the Supra was mine, and if it was for sale... You know where this is going. I said, it's way too early man, come back later. He got in these words before I slammed the door in his face "I'll give you 800$ for it!"

Which brings me to my question.

What's the most f*cking retarded offer you have gotten for your Supra?

Lowballers anyone?

DeSloth

Jun 24, 2007
Australia
If someone knocked on my door at 5am I would likely expect a family death etc.

I am horrified anyone would be stupid and rude enough to do that! And then there's the entirely separate issue of the stupid offer.

You should have taken his name and number and written it on as many public toilet doors as humanly possible.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
DeSloth;941844 said:
If someone knocked on my door at 5am I would likely expect a family death etc.

I am horrified anyone would be stupid and rude enough to do that! And then there's the entirely separate issue of the stupid offer.

You should have taken his name and number and written it on as many public toilet doors as humanly possible.

Agreed. There's something wrong with that kid! Beware, as you may wake up one morning with no car or one that's been vandalized. Where were your parents? Why didn't they answer the door? Many aspects of this are disturbing.

st2b

Banned
Sep 15, 2006
Versailles (Lex) Ky
www.myspace.com
gtsfirefighter;941852 said:
Agreed. There's something wrong with that kid! Beware, as you may wake up one morning with no car or one that's been vandalized. Where were your parents? Why didn't they answer the door? Many aspects of this are disturbing.

Parents anniversary (yay... I guess haha, so they've been gone for the weekend.)

And what's even weird-er, is the fact (from what I believe) his mom was in a van in my driveway. :1zhelp:

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
Night I bought it someone at the gas station walked up to me and handed me a blank check and said write a price for it.... I said no I love it too much, but thanks anyways. Now granted thats NOT a lowball, but since were sharing offer stories :)

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
st2b;941805 said:
Wow. All I can say is wow.

Listen to this.

I just had a 14 year old boy, walk up to my house, and ring my doorbell at 5:00AM. He asked me if the Supra was mine, and if it was for sale... You know where this is going. I said, it's way too early man, come back later. He got in these words before I slammed the door in his face "I'll give you 800$ for it!"

Which brings me to my question.

What's the most f*cking retarded offer you have gotten for your Supra?

Lowballers anyone?

You should read this site more. Whenever someone says they want a car, everyone offers "lowballing" as advice.

I've actually never gotten lowballed. Some person offered me 8000 for my car, haha.

DegreE

Banned
Jan 11, 2008
Memphis & Miami
phoenix6;941863 said:
Night I bought it someone at the gas station walked up to me and handed me a blank check and said write a price for it.... I said no I love it too much, but thanks anyways. Now granted thats NOT a lowball, but since were sharing offer stories :)

That clearly had to have been a scam of some sort.

momodu7

Jan 2, 2008
Tulsa, OK
I have had some kid tell me that I missed out on a great ofer for my car when I told him that my car wasnt for sale. he had offered me $500 for it also!!

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
i had some guy ask to buy my mkII. its been sitting for awhile at work. anyway the gas man asked if it was for sale. some fat guy. i said yeah 1700. he asked if it ran i said no it has a hole in the block and walked away. its like dude dont waste my time. i told him you go find another one in that great of shape. i dont want to sell the car anyway. then i had some guy who buys junk and asked me if my 88 was for sale. these fucking rednecks are getting on my nerves. i cant even let my projects sit around without some asshole harssing me.

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
dirtlord420;941972 said:
i had some guy ask to buy my mkII. its been sitting for awhile at work. anyway the gas man asked if it was for sale. some fat guy. i said yeah 1700. he asked if it ran i said no it has a hole in the block and walked away. its like dude dont waste my time. i told him you go find another one in that great of shape. i dont want to sell the car anyway. then i had some guy who buys junk and asked me if my 88 was for sale. these fucking rednecks are getting on my nerves. i cant even let my projects sit around without some asshole harssing me.

get a big poster and wite "NOT FOR SALE!" on it....that'd might help and only cost a few bucks

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
Clueless;942009 said:
get a big poster and wite "NOT FOR SALE!" on it....that'd might help and only cost a few bucks

not a bad idea. also would help block out the sun. am going to do that. lol

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
dirtlord420;942018 said:
not a bad idea. also would help block out the sun. am going to do that. lol

yup...alternatively you can go to wally's world and get a cardboard sun visor and write the same on it and it will cover the whole windshield.

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
Ive never had a price come up but between me driving it and my dad there have been probably 5 or 6 offers to buy it. 3 times in front of my house, once in a drive through, at a gas station a few days before i put it away for the winter. Of course i say its not for sale :)

and don't sell your supra to a kid unless you want it to be wrecked within a year of them buying it lol. Thats usually what kids end up doing with sports cars. Especially if its rwd