CajunKenny's Build Thread

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Nice soldering setup you got there old man.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Nice soldering setup you got there old man. :stickpoke

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
O, he has not PM'ed me about any IC piping, just gears. I don't have an intercooler that is ready to bolt up, I have a CORE which needs end tanks. I do have various random pieces of intercooler piping that is not listed though.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Hey Andy. No updates lately. Just driving her as much as I can before winter. We're supposed to get 9 inches on Saturday so the days are numbered. Once in the garage.....updates will follow! I have a Water/Meth kit to install after all.... ;)

I'm not sure what James is doing yet. I don't think he does either. Lol... :)

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
SWD Fredester 3;1637177 said:
Yeah, but his is running, looks great and he IS having fun with it!
This combo is definitely something to appreciate. I feel quite lucky that my stock JDM 7MGTE has held up reliably for so long at 435rwhp on pump gas.

Kenny, are you installing your meth kit soon? You will probably make that much power too. Once you get used to that, 350hp feels slow! :)

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Hey your car is already legit! Send that meth kit to me! With my N/A pistons plus 12 PSI needs meth injection too.. Thats next on my list, Are you going with a trunk mount setup?

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
whitemike;1641070 said:
It sucks sitting in it while in the garage pretending you're in a race :(

^Sadly, I think every Supra owner has done this! :biglaugh:

tekdeus;1641075 said:
Kenny, are you installing your meth kit soon? You will probably make that much power too. Once you get used to that, 350hp feels slow! :)

Every December around Christmas time, I get around 16 days off so that's when I plan on installing it. Sooner if I can. I'm sure I'll be hitting you up for some more info. ;)

I know exactly what you mean about certain power feeling slow. I currently toggle between two boost settings. 11psi/320hp and 16.5psi/370hp. There was a day when that 11 psi felt AWESOME!!! Now, it just feels like it's dog slow... :biglaugh:

Devin LeBlanc;1641079 said:
Hey your car is already legit! Send that meth kit to me! With my N/A pistons plus 12 PSI needs meth injection too.. Thats next on my list, Are you going with a trunk mount setup?

Well, I have the AEM Kit. I bought it late December last year because it was on sale. They might do the same thing this year. If you're ready to pull the trigger, it's worth looking in to!

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
CajunKenny;1641103 said:
I know exactly what you mean about certain power feeling slow. I currently toggle between two boost settings. 11psi/320hp and 16.5psi/370hp. There was a day when that 11 psi felt AWESOME!!! Now, it just feels like it's dog slow... :biglaugh:
I can't believe that I found stock horsepower 225bhp "very fast" when I test drove one 12 years ago, when I was thinking of upgrading from my Mk2!

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Ok. Here's reviving this thread with more goodies to install.

I have officially started the meth kit install.

Here's what the kit looks like:

p1654145_1.jpg

p1654145_2.jpg

p1654145_3.jpg

p1654145_4.jpg

And here's where the nozzle will be plumbed. It will angle towards the throttle plate to help with atomization. This location puts the nozzle right at 5" away from the throttle plate.

p1654145_5.jpg

Ok. Off to get some work done... :)

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
whitemike;1636939 said:
You ever have such a bad dream you wake up almost in tears?

Last night I had a dream someone took my car out without my permission (obviously) and i hadn't yet put the hose from wastegate to turbo.. poof. :( bhg, rod knock, smoke bellowing out the exhaust..

Made me grateful that my car is safe in the garage, thought I'd share so that everyone can take today to appreciate their engines!! :)

Mike

oh man i had a nightmare like that, but they were stealing my car, it felt so real!!!!!! i had to go to my garage and make sure it was ok. that was one crazy dream, lol

kenny, cant wait to see how the meth kit comes out, and to see some new dyno vids!!!!

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
SWD Fredester 3;1654155 said:
Good luck with everything Kenny, I'll be following this closely. Are you planning on using straight water or W/M? What size nozzle are you planning on using?

-Fred

I'm leaning more toward a 50/50 Mix. I want the benefits of both; but, I haven't ruled out the idea of trying water too. That's REALLY cheap injection! ;)

mk3tattoos;1654159 said:
kenny, cant wait to see how the meth kit comes out, and to see some new dyno vids!!!!

I will definitely be hitting the dyno in the spring. Sooner if weather permits.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the proposed tank location. The utility tray will be removed in order to get the tank the way I want it and I'll need the spare tire area for the pump so I'll be running spare-less. Not that I could have gotten to it if I needed to anyway! :)

p1654200_1.jpg

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Look at that ricer Kenny, big sub in the back. Just kidding. Kenny, water injection is not cheap. You have a lot of choices, Poland Spring, Kirland, Dasani, Aquafina and Fiji....a lot choices. :D

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
IBoughtASupra;1654227 said:
Kenny, water injection is not cheap. You have a lot of choices, Poland Spring, Kirland, Dasani, Aquafina and Fiji....a lot choices. :D

Yep, and I can get it all at my local convenience store! :biglaugh:

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
You can also pick up a reverse osmosis unit and make 50 gallons a day. Mine cost me $50...I use it to make pure water for my aquarium and snake habitats.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Well, after much deliberation, I just couldn't bring myself to screw in to the any of the plastic paneling in the back. So, I decided to build a box that will house the Meth Tank and hopefully an extra gallon of the Juice! ;)

I haven't decided on spot welding, welding, or riveting. I'll decide once I pick out my material. Aluminum...or Stainless...hmm...?

Here's a little goldmine that the previous owner left for me. It's amazing what you'll find sometimes...

p1654484_1.jpg