burnt rubber smell when i park the car

turbo soup

Nov 1, 2006
MD
after a good run or just coming hoem from work i let the car sit for about 2 minutes, but for some reason it smells like burnt rubber or just burning something, sometimes when i turn on the air to clear my foggy windows you can smell it coming a lil bit also, i can also smell it when i am waiting at a traffic light sometimes

anyone else have this problem or know if it cold be fixed easily?
maybe its cuz the car is just old...

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
either that or its the other way around, dumpin the clutch and roastin them tires woo!! but that would be obvious, and silly. for i am kidding.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
clutch came to mind also. maybe the clutch isnt fully disengaging when you push the clutch in and its getting roasted

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
Burnt clutch usually has a distinct smell, similar to the smell of burnt toast. Oil, slipping belts, maybe even a bad alignment causing the tires to wear more then normal. Try to narrow in on the smell, listen for strange noises, and look for fluid leaks. Are you noticing any fluid loss?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
are you running open downpipe, and very rich? i've found that the carrier bearing doesn't like fireballs...

that issue was resolved the night i found it... haha.

-shaeff

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Wastegate hose on the exhaust manifold? Any rubber lines touching anything that gets super hot?

*edit*
Possible Caliper sticking? Ever felt your wheels after you drive the car for a bit? Any wheels 'blacker' than the others?

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
shaeff said:
are you running open downpipe, and very rich? i've found that the carrier bearing doesn't like fireballs...

that issue was resolved the night i found it... haha.

-shaeff

MUAAHAHAHAHA yes that's true they don't.
It gave me a reason to look towards an aluminum DS, but plans changed before I could get into that.

Also, undercoat melting off makes a funny smell. mmm, I miss my supra! :(